Business Development Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £45000 – £50000/annum Bonus, Car Allowance & more
At Impact Food Group, we’re more than a school caterer. We’re driven by creating a positive food culture and helping more students eat better food. Making a positive social impact is at the centre of our identity. We tirelessly learn, develop and make improvements in every way, every day.
Delivered by our distinct and industry leading brands covering over 160,000 students: Innovate, Cucina and IFG Independent, we are committed to driving…
* Better school meal uptake
* Better long-term eating habits
* Better environmental impact
Want to join us?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager to join our sales team this is a National role covering the UK. Offering an overall salary package in the region of £45-50K plus car allowance and good company benefits.
At IFG we are looking to build on our current success and to further expand the business across all our brands. We are looking for a self-motivated Business Development Manager to be part of our success and to further drive our market proposition.
We are looking for someone who can:
* Understand our vision, ideals and operational approach and be able to articulate this to the market
* Manage the sales process from prospecting, to tender and successfully winning new business, working closely with the operations and bid teams to deliver the financial and operational proposals.
* Develop a strong sales pipeline including forward planning opportunities, identifying and researching new opportunities and qualifying prospects.
* Project manage sales tenders and proposals to meet all deadlines and achieve sales targets
* Oversee all sales document production including formatting, layout and printing and production of pre-qualification documents, tender documents, presentations and promotional material
* Bring together different parts of the business to contribute to the sales process and engage with the client as appropriate, including briefing and preparation for site visits and presentations
* Assist with arranging events for clients, prospects and consultants and network to create strong and sustainable relationships with potential and current clients
* Build prospect relationships through networking and appointments
Ideally we would like:
* A proven experienced sales person within contract catering. Preferably to have come from education catering.
* Or an operational background in contract catering with exposure to the sales and bids process
* Be passionate about food, this is a must for us.
* The ability to create compelling strategies for a competitive advantage
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Good clear and concise communication; to be comfortable at all levels from the kitchen to the board room
* Resilient when faced with challenging situations
* Enjoys a performance culture and has the ability to act decisively when required
* Self-motivated and comfortable working in both an individual and a team environment.
* Highly organised approach to workload, and understands how to prioritise effectively
* Strong IT skills including being proficient in Microsoft Office as well as familiar with database management, Adobe Suite software proficiency would be a plus.
* Excellent writing and presentation skills
What We Want To Give You
Competitive salary + Sales Incentive + Car Allowance
Join the Pension Scheme
25 days paid annual leave
IFG are committed to the safeguarding of children and our employees share this commitment. Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced DBS check, which Innovate Services Ltd supply the cost for.
We are a committed equal opportunities employer – if you require any assistance for the interview process, please detail within your application. All information is kept confidential and in compliance with GDPR requirements
- Address Manchester, Greater Manchester