Water Treatment/Field Service Chemist
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Water Treatment Engineer/Service Chemist
Salary negotiable (Dependent on Experience) + Company Vehicle + benefits
My client who specialises within the Water Treatment industry are currently looking to recruit a mobile based Service Chemist to work as part of their Water Treatment Service Team.
The role of the Service Chemist is to deliver on site water treatment services, test work and Legionella management for the company’s client portfolio. They need to interpret results and undertake or recommend remedial actions to the client as necessary. Responsible for ensuring site compliance with ACOP L8 and HSG 274 and maintaining site records relevant to their work and required under legislation. Acting as the point of contact with the client to discuss and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
* Implementing, managing and monitoring water treatment programmes for commercial and industrial water systems.
* Candidates will be used to carrying out servicing work on Cooling Water, Boiler Water and Closed Loops and will have an outgoing personality and positive attitude
* Analysis of cooling tower and boilers and interpreting of results to make recommendations and produce a report.
* Conducting the routine sampling and analysis of water systems.
* Closed system sampling and dosing
* Ongoing personal progression through the company to account manager for the right person.
* Able to confidently verbally communicate and write well-structured and informative emails.
* Experience of cooling tower analysis and the ability to not only perform the required analysis but to analyse it with a view to recommending remedial actions to ensure asset protection and full compliance to HSG274 standards
* Experience of Low-Medium Pressure steam boiler systems and the associated water analysis. This must include the ability to not only perform the required analysis but to analyse the data with a view to recommending remedial actions to ensure asset protection and full compliance to BS2486 standards
* Experience of Closed System analysis
* Knowledge of Legionella control in domestic systems
* Ability to plan and organise own works and ensure all tasks are completed
* Ability to liaise effectively with both the clients on site and the account manager is essential
* Good knowledge of ACoP L8 ,HSG 274,BS2486, BG50
* Current Driving License
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience in water treatment.
* Health and Safety awareness
* Bonus Scheme
* Company Vehicle
* Laptop/Mobile Phone
* Private health cover
* Pension Scheme
* Career opportunities
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the high technology engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website for our latest roles and news
- Address RG21, Basingstoke, Hampshire