Internal Account Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £26000 – £33000/annum + Bonus and Excellent Benefits
Our client is an IT infrastructure distributor, with a comprehensive catalogue and website offering over 40,000 products. Priding themselves in offering complete solutions including cable, connectors, panels, cabinets and all associated items to install, test and maintain and IT network.
Located in Bracknell with contemporary offices, fantastic culture and benefits the company stocks over £750k of products and pride ourselves in offering the best possible service to customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Account Manager ideally with previous experience in a sales or customer facing role. Reporting into the Sales Manager you will work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be responsible for the internal sales function. You will deal with customers over the telephone and face-to-face in order to grow and nurture the client base. You will provide the highest level of service possible and demonstrate excellent product knowledge.
Account Managers will fulfil the needs of their customers in terms of bidding, pricing, ordering and delivering the customer’s order. The nature of the business requires an individual capable of working to the highest standards in customer service and doing so promptly and efficiently. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to think clearly under pressure and be able to show good levels of time management and organisation.
* Develop a broad knowledge of products, customers and suppliers in order to maintain and grow sales and client base
* Interpret customer requirements and provide quotations accordingly.
* Progress bids/quotations in a timely fashion
* Process customer orders and maintain customer files.
* Check customer order paperwork for accuracy, completeness and compatibility.
* Manage and allocate stock to project orders when it arrives from suppliers
* Organise and follow up customer deliveries – and resolving issues that arise
* Maintain a database of customer and prospective customer contacts.
* Expand our customer database by obtaining new customer contacts within existing customer accounts and new prospective customers.
* Arrange customer visits for External Account and Product Managers.
* Use company computer systems including MS Office and Lakeview (ERP System).
* Provide additional support / cover to the Sales Administration team
* Proven success within sales or account management role
* A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
* A confident telephone manner and able to communicate effectively
* The ability to understand the basics of technical products
* The ability to develop relationships with the contacts within our customers and suppliers
* A good level of knowledge within Microsoft Office suite
* A good level of numeracy and literacy
- Address Bracknell, Bracknell Forest