Area Sales Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £30000 – £35000/annum
Area Sales Manager
Southampton, Portsmouth and Brighton
Who is Linde?
A leading world-wide manufacturer of forklift trucks, warehouse handling equipment and system solutions, valuing integrity, collaboration, courage and excellence.
For over half a century, we have striven to deliver safe, productive and ergonmical solutions to our customers.
Main Purpose of the Job
To maximise our share of all business opportunities (new, used, rentals, aftermarket), selling within a specified geographical area the full range of Linde Material Handling Equipment to preset targets agreed with the Sales Director within the designated Postcode area. Work together with other departments to ensure agreed service levels are maintained and customers retained.
* Identify and promote all business opportunities including new trucks, short term rental, operator training, and used trucks within a specified territory.
* Provide innovative strategies and tactics to secure and win profitable business.
* Maintain relationships and further develop business opportunities with existing customers.
* Ensure sufficient contact is made at all levels within a customer/prospect account as part of a development strategy.
* Make regular use of product demonstrations, factory, branch, and reference site visits.
* Be able to provide on request a detailed account strategy for all larger customers/prospects in territory.
* To sell the complete range of new and used counterbalance and warehouse equipment to all business types in a specific patched location
* To sell service maintenance contracts and other value add opportunities for the Company based on the solutions required to satisfy the customer’s need(s)
* To liaise with customers, supplier’s internal functions and departments to ensure a high level of customer service.
* Actively seek opportunities to build with key personnel in organisations.
* Keep abreast of developments within the Materials Handling environment market.
* To ensure accurate and timely completion of placing orders and generating quotations, as specified by the company.
* Direct sales experience, ideally capital goods equipment or logistics
* Product, sector and industry knowledge, commercially minded.
* Knowledge of storage and logistics systems, PC literate
* Understanding of marketing principles and account planning processes.
* Experience of selling equipment and service contracts
If interested please get in touch by applying and we can arrange a call
- Address Portsmouth, Hampshire