Sales Engineer / Pre Sales
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £40000 – £80000/annum + bens + bonus
Our client is looking for 2 Sales Engineers. One Senior and one junior who can support their sales people in determining how their solutions can address client needs and explaining their unique benefits. This support includes both lead-driven opportunities and competitive tender responses.
You will be expected to be self-sufficient, take a disciplined approach and demonstrate initiative while acting as a bridge to the rest of the organisation for their sales people to depend upon.
You will require a combination of strong technical and communication skills and bring this to bear in getting the most out of their software for client demonstrations.
You will be expected to collaborate positively with the product and service delivery teams to ensure the right outcome for both our client and their clients. This includes gaining a deep understanding of their service only offerings to position them correctly with prospects.
This role is open to candidates already in a Sales Engineering role, and given the technical nature of their products, they will also consider candidates from a more technical role looking to step into a more externally facing or commercial role.
* 1 year’s experience as Sales Engineer or;
* 2 years’ experience in a closely related role, with evidence of both technical and commercial awareness or
* 5+ years experience working in a pre sales position
* Excellent ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external audiences (such as customers, sales, development and project management)
* Experience using advanced features of technical products
Experience of one or more of the following will be beneficial:
* Experience delivering structured product demonstrations
* Experience describing service only solutions in detail
* Experience with competitive tender processes
* An understanding of systems architecture
* Experience with SaaS products, particularly APIs
* Exposure to financial services, regulation or data management
* Supporting sales leads with external meetings, for example:
* discovery meetings
* product demonstrations
* Coordinating opportunity-related activities in accordance with the sales lead’s guidance
* Providing clarity about the needs of the customer
* Aligning proposed solutions with the client and customer needs in a balanced way
* High level solution design based on a strong knowledge of their capabilities and positioning
* Proposal and tender response writing
* Managing the tender response process
* Delivering insights and market knowledge to the rest of the business
- Address Oxford, Oxfordshire