Assistant Store Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £9.00 – £10.00/hour
Assistant Store Manager
Hours: Full time 45+
Days: 5 days a week Monday to Sunday
Assistant Store Manager is the key person at the shop location and has overall responsibility for the smooth running of the store and all the operational processes including dispensing of natural remedies, local marketing initiatives, its profitability, stock, the staff and the self-employed practitioners (where applicable).
As well as being a committed retailer with superb customer service skills, the Store Manager plays a vital role in communicating Revital’s values and product policies to staff and direct to customers and educating the public about natural remedies: they are our first line representatives in the local communities which Revital serves.
Responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the store to ensure maximum profitability. This includes having an overall sense of the activities in the store at any time and allocating resources/delegating to ensure superb customer service, maximum opportunities for customer interaction and all that operational processes are carried out efficiently
– Ensure all company policies are known and implemented by all staff
– Ensure the correct amount of stock is ordered from each supplier each week, min.
– Ensure the sales team is aware of daily targets and update them regularly.
– Lead by example on the shop floor by link selling and directing the team to maximise opportunity in line with Revital’s best practice on customer service
– Ensure all stock is correctly accounted for, reporting delivery discrepancies and organising regular stock takes
– Attend management meetings etc. as required
– To guide, lead, coach, and motivate the team and individuals within it
– To organise the training of all new staff in all store policies and procedures
– To ensure any updates in policy, procedure, products, or prices are communicated effectively to staff in a timely manner
– To organise the shop rotas one week in advance ensuring adequate shop floor cover
– Ensure all customers are acknowledged as they enter the store
– Work to promote good customer relations by promoting a friendly and helpful attitude among staff
– Deal with customer complaints in an efficient manner ensuring necessary paperwork is completed, or a referral made to Senior Management where appropriate
– Lead by example on the sales floor providing exemplary customer service
- Address Cambridge, Cambridgeshire