Fresh Produce Traders
Job Type : Contract, Full Time
Fresh Produce Traders and Sales Managers : Four Roles to fill!
FMK Consulting are looking for talented Fresh Produce Traders and Sales Managers to join a new venture based in the NW of the UK. The company is headed up by an experienced well known and respected Trader within the Industry. This is a well funded operation and a chance to get in on the ground floor. Even during these difficult times they have maintained a good level of sales and are thirsty for expansion.
They distribute to the whole of the UK, ROI and into the EU fresh produce sector, wholesalers, distributors, packers, processors and some retail customers … Due to continued growth and success they are now seeking a number of experienced Fresh produce Sales Managers / Trading professional to join their team.
They are targeting in the Fruit category a Senior Sales person with well rounded product experience an ability to sell into the non-Retail sector . We would expect candidates as much from the Food Service sector as from more traditional parts of the Trade. Secondly, in a more Junior role with room for development we are interested in a Sales person with a minimum of one year / 18 months experience in the Fresh Produce Trade. The categories covered are Citrus, Grape, Top Fruit and Stone fruit.
They are targeting in the Salad and Vegetable categories Senior Sales and or Traders with specific trading experience and a year round offer. This is again aimed at the Non-Retail market to include Wholesale Markets, distributors, packers, processors, Category Managers and possibly opportunities with the Discounters.It is expected in this role to have a portfolio of Customers and Suppliers
Overall this is an opportunity to grow your career with an agile, friendly team; You would be joining a company that is committed to providing opportunities for innovation and growth. If you have the drive for success you will have plenty of chances to progress your career, increase your salary and take advantage of ongoing training opportunities.
The Fresh Produce Trader / Sales Manager will be responsible for the following:
* Sales and Planning
* Planning and procuring the required product for their customer base (Mainly Salad and Vegetable roles)
* Understanding the cost structure and ensure cost management is within company thresholds
* Logistics planning of product distribution / Collection
* Stock management of fresh product
* Supplier and Customer Relations Management
* Managing current relationships with supply base
* Developing new relationships Supply and Customers
* New Customer Development
Our client is interested in seeing applications from all experience levels and from the different sectors of Fresh Produce – if you have a track record of Sales in this Trade they are interested !
To be considered for this role you must have the following knowledge and experience….
* Fresh Produce Sales experience. Experience in the Fresh Produce Industry must be current
* Minimum 1+ years’ experience, (for the junior roles) in fresh produce trading (sales/purchasing) and expected a minimum of 5/6 years in the Senior roles.
* Sales experience selling into Fresh Produce Non Retail customers in the UK
* You would have had experience in a customer focused role
* You should have a team player mentality
* Have excellent negotiation and organisational abilities.
* Language skills would be an advantage but not essential.
* Self-driven and positive, as a Trader Sales Manager, you must have brilliant interpersonal, numerical and communication skills, both over the phone for day to day trading and face-to-face for meeting suppliers/ customers alike.
* Previous experience in a trader/ sales or similar role is essential as is the ability to bring trading experience and skills with you.
* This role requires a high degree of personal motivation and resilience and we would want this to be demonstrated in your experience.
For the more ‘ senior ‘ trading positions, we would expect you to have this added experience / knowledge
* Own portfolio of F&V customers
* Outstanding track record in Fresh Produce Trading
* Your current experience would be from within the Fresh Produce Industry and you would understand the Industry inside out.
* Excellent knowledge of the fruit industry and the customers
* You would be looking for your next Senior role within the Industry and your experience would reflect this
* Excellent people / team management skills
* You are currently working with the UK Retail or Non retail customers in the Fresh Produce Industry
* At least 5-6 years in a Procurement, Sales, Commercial , Category Management, Business Unit Management or similar role within Fresh Produce, Fruit or Salads or Vegetable Categories
- Address North West