R&D Tax Consultant
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Would you like to work for the UK’s largest specialist innovation funding consultancy?
Salary: £High DOE + bonuses and excellent benefits
Function of the role
Our clients work in a wide range of industries; from scientists developing new medical technology to architects working on ground-breaking construction projects. You will be working alongside your clients, reviewing and analysing their latest R&D projects to secure funding for future development. This will assist them in extending and expanding their businesses. You will be doing this alongside a team of highly qualified Financial and Technical professionals, leveraging your knowledge and expertise to help our clients and their R&D projects.
We are looking for an R&D Tax Consultant to join our innovation team within our London office. You will be working with a fast-paced, collaborative team, where you will be recognised and praised for your achievements. Working autonomously and managing your own workload is what we promote here at Leyton. You will have the opportunity to work within a variety of sectors and industries and learn an array of new skills. You will be joining an incredibly friendly and welcoming work place where you will be provided with extensive ongoing training across all divisions and provided development and fast progression opportunities within the business.
Main responsibilities of the role include
* Responsible for managing your client’s R&D claims throughout the project, advising and liaising from both a tax and technical perspective
* Understanding the requirements for R&D tax relief and applying them in respect to clients’ development activities
* Drafting of clear financial narratives and analysis of documents for
* Determining the appropriate method of data collection through background research into clients and their relevant industries
* Staying abreast of industry developments and legislative changes relevant to R&D tax relief and other innovation incentives
* Providing high-profile clients with updates on the ongoing developments within R&D
* Working on cutting-edge research projects and having full responsibility for building your own relationships with senior and decision-making clients
As R&D Tax Consultant, you must have/be
* An interest in furthering a career within R&D Tax
* Qualified accounting or tax professional with ATT, ICAS or ICAEW or other equivalent professional bodies
* Substantial experience in UK corporation tax compliance
* Ideally experience/ knowledge of UK Corporation Tax compliance
* Curiosity, awareness and an interest in science, technology and innovation
* An interest in applying seemingly simple concepts to a wide range of industrial sectors and tax matters
In addition to a competitive salary and excellent earning potential, our softer benefits include
* Private Healthcare and Dental
* Access to Perkbox
* Flexible working
* Season ticket loan
* Cycle to work scheme
* Supporting of professional memberships
* 24 hour access to our bespoke training platform
* Bring your dog to work policy
* Annual charity days
* Enhanced Maternity policy
Founded in 1997, Leyton is a global innovation funding consultancy dedicated to helping our clients improve their business performance. In the UK, our specific expertise is in innovation funding, energy consultancy and capital advisory. As a business, we want to help unleash our clients potential and be a strategic partner in their evolution and growth. We help find openings in processes and ways of working that others can’t see, then unlock these opportunities to create value efficiently.
We are proud to have 1,500 employees in 32 offices across 12 countries in Europe, North Africa and North America. We have highly qualified teams of consultants in sales, science, tax, engineering and software that support our 5,000 active clients.
Leyton offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package and offer unparalleled opportunities for rapid professional development. We are committed to helping our employees unlock their talent and support this through providing the access and tools to full training programmes and membership to professional bodies and subscriptions.
Leyton is committed to becoming an inclusive employer and proactive in improving diversity and equality across the Leyton Group without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Thank you for reviewing this vacancy. Should you apply for this role, your personal data will be processed in accordance with our privacy notice. See the link below.
www .leyton. com/uk/data-privacy-notice-for-job-applicants/
Any questions relating to privacy notice, please contact: dpm @ leyton. com