Quantity Surveyor / Project Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £45000 – £60000/annum + full benefits package
Do you have proven construction quantity surveying experience and are now looking for a new challenge?
If yes, and you would like to be considered as a key member of the dynamic Client Side Development Project Management Team then please keep reading.
As Key member of the Project Team, the Project Manager role will include the managing and monitoring of the external consultant teams; contractors and subcontractors as necessary to facilitate the delivery of our developments as well as project set up duties such as overseeing pricing, liaising with Bank Monitoring surveyors and the legal and sales team. Project Manager responsibilities include:
* Ensure that instructions and objectives outlined by the Client are followed at all times;
* Exercise professional judgement to resolve development problems during planning, design management, and construction stages;
* Compile complete and detailed contract project documents to provide sufficient information to the proposed funders for the development.
* Liase closely with internal legal representatives and funders legal team to ensure that the required construction and development documentation is available and in the correct form;
* Compile Tenders for professional team, consultants and contractors then after liaise with tenderers and analyse tender returns, negotiate contracts.
* Manage the design team throughout planning, design, construction processes from inception through to completion;
* Monitor and review the performance on site;
* Manage and work with the internal design team and contractors to ensure quality and project information is issued in a timely and complete format and that all relative planning conditions and regulatory matters are complied with.
* Assess the impact of proposed variations to the works for both the cost of construction works and prolongation of programme of works of the Contractor.
* Draft and issue contractual correspondence to protect the Employer’s position with respect to the development in accordance with the JCT Design and Build terms and conditions
* Liaise with the bank monitoring surveyor on a monthly basis to provide project reports and valuations for the funds to be drawn from the designated funder for the development;
* Liaise with conveyance solicitor and ensure lease information is consistent with construction information and clients requirements
Who are we looking for?
The successful Project manager will be experienced as a Quantity Surveyor or Project Manager with Site and construction experience of at least 5 years. You will have excellent construction knowledge with previous experience on active site construction projects. You will also have:
* Knowledge of design management, procurement and contract mechanics required.
* Ideally attained relevant sector qualification (MRICS, MCIOB, RIBA, MAPM, engineer or architect).
* Excellent written and spoken English and good knowledge of construction terms and techniques
* Experience of using excel spreadsheets and word documents and disciplined maintenance of document filing
In return for your work as our Project Manager, you can expect a highly competitive salary on top of a range of excellent benefits.
Our client was established in 2006 as a management company offering highly integrated services across the full property cycle. Services include: development management, project management, funding solutions, acquisition work, litigation support and various administrative and accounting services.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel as our Project Manager, we’d love to hear from you
- Address London