Quantity Surveyor – Civils
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £45000 – £58750/annum + car/allowance +extensive benefits
Quantity Surveyor required (Most levels considered), but MUST have civil engineering experience.
This is a fresh and exciting opportunity for a multinational, civil engineering & building contractor who's turnover exceeds £39bn, and employs well over 100,000 staff worldwide.
The Birmingham regional office is well established and has pride of place on several high yielding, long term, critical infrastructure frameworks which has ensured the regions success for many years to come. This also helps create and environment, where learning & development is easily achieved in conjunction with a number of top industry professionals. The company has proudly achieved "Gold" investors in people, a standard which it's competitors struggle and rarely achieve.
There is a wide variety of interesting schemes, and several schemes that are ready to start making this an urgent vacancy.
There is genuinely a significant package on offer which is ultra competitive.
Requirements are follows:
• BSc of HNC/HND in Quantity Surveying (or other equivalent commercially related discipline)
• Working towards or prepared to work towards professional membership of an appropriate organisation (for example, RICS/CIOB/ ICES)
• Holds an appropriate Construction Skills Certification Scheme card or prepared to obtain one.
• 5 years relevant post qualification experience
In addition to the above experience the following skills would be advantageous
• Experience of administering NEC forms of contracts (NEC 4 Option A & Target Cost)
• Experience of finding positive solutions to complex problems
• Understanding and delivering stakeholder requirements
• Strong commitment to Health & Safety, Business Improvement, Quality and Environmental principles
• Commercial understanding of all aspects of the operations being controlled
• Understanding and awareness of good customer service principles and practice.
• Able to identify and implement effective business management processes
• Must possess an excellent understanding of the contracting process as well as the ability to manage and develop the business both technically and commercially.
Personal Attributes / Skills:
The role holder must be able to demonstrate that they have the following personal, interpersonal, professional practice and business skills
* Excellent knowledge of standard forms of construction contracts notably NEC (NEC4 Option A) & target value cost reimbursable and previous experience of major frameworks
* Must be a team leader and player
* Good time management
* Tidy & methodical approach
* Commitment to business success
* Flexibility of approach
* Conscientious, trustworthy, open and reliable
* Committed to partnering and integration
* Committed to continuous improvement and Innovation
* Consistently work to high ethical standards and be able to demonstrate high levels of personal probity
* Motivated by results
* Work to understand customer and business needs and expectations and to establish long term relationships.
* Enhance their own and others existing skills by developing new skills and expertise.
* Have the skills and ability to gain other’s agreement to an acceptance of ideas or proposed actions.
* Are able to identify, allocate and monitor resources in order to achieve goals.
* Prioritise and schedule objectives so as to optimise time, cost and quality.
* Inspire and motivate others through the use of appropriate leadership style to suit the team and situation.
* Have the capability to work well within a team environment.
* Are able to create collaborative working relationships and effective partnerships.
* Have excellent numeric and computer literacy skills and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Persuade and influence others to gain agreement to and acceptance of ideas.
* Have a systematic and timely approach to decision making, problem solving and change management.
* Are able to analyse information to identify the key elements of an issue.
* Take responsibility and accountability for the health and safety of themselves and those they work with. Maintain familiarity with all relevant safe working procedures and instructions.
For further information, please contact Tristan Prior. I respect confidentiality
- Address West Midlands (County)