Quality Assurance Assistant
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £18000 – £30000/annum 25 days AL, up to 10% pension
We want to create a legacy.
We’re Primary Diets, a dedicated manufacturer and supplier of specialist young animal pre-starter and starter feeds, delivering across Europe. We’re part of the AB Agri community of leading animal nutrition products and services businesses. Join us and support our work with customers around the globe to produce sustainable food for a growing population.
As Quality Assurance Assistant you will proactively support and participate in the quality function within Primary Diets. Assisting in the delivery of Quality Policy and Quality Assurance programme to meet customer, legislative and relevant standards requirement you will work closely with the Operations Team to ensure the highest level of feed safety and quality delivered at all times
You’ll be responsible for:
* Ownership and maintenance of process verification and analysis schedules.
* Reporting and following up of Out of Specification results in a timely manner.
* Collating data and providing comprehensive, quality information back to suppliers or purchasing department on raw material performance.
* Analysis of external results and data entry as necessary.
* Investigation and reporting on internal quality failures.
* Equipment calibration as necessary.
* Maintenance of good housekeeping and hygiene standards, operating a clean as you go policy.
* Supporting Operations Team to achieve results, to meet all team & business objectives.
* Control of non-conforming products – release and investigation.
We’re looking for someone who has:
* High level of experience of using Microsoft Office
* Experience gained in a relevant feed/ chemistry/food/laboratory/ agriculture role.
* Educated to A-level or equivalent, preferably in science related subjects
* Excellent communication skills – ability to deal with people at all levels, internally and externally, with the credibility to make a significant impact within the business.
* Ability to work on own initiative but equally happy working as part of a team.
Good for people, Good for business
We are a growing, innovative business and we value diversity and different ways of thinking to keep moving us forward. AB Agri is an equal opportunity employer, assuring equal treatment to all. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people.
We are united by our family values that represent who we are, how we work together and how we help our customers.
* Pioneering – Curious, spirited and bold. We lead, the right way.
* Excellence – We seek excellence in all that we do.
* Growth – We create ways for our people and customers to thrive.
We are part of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group.
Making your application
Ready to apply? Great! Simply register your details and upload your CV via our careers website – it usually takes just a few minutes. Please do not delay making your application. In the event of a high candidate response to this vacancy we may close the application period before the date shown and without notice.
So that we can support you to perform at your best, please let us know of any adjustments that may be required throughout the recruitment process by contacting the Recruitment Team.
As part of your application we ask you to answer some equal opportunities questions that help us to monitor how inclusive our recruitment process is and identify areas we can improve in. This information is anonymised, separate from your application and is never seen by the hiring panel. You can choose not to answer these questions with no impact on your application.
AB Agri group politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We have a PSL and do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them
- Address Melmerby, Cumbria