Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
I am looking a senior python engineer, ideally with GIS experience. You will be joining an established, but small team within a fast-growing software business in an exciting industry.
My client have the best of small, start-up culture with the benefits of the support of a global enterprise. The project includes working with satellite imagery, maps and precise agriculture algorithms.
Reporting into the one of the Platform team leads, you will be a good communicator and comfortable collaborating with front end and back end engineers in an agile environment, as well as product managers. You will understand the value of testing, quality, continuous integration, source control, and code reviews.
The team are working remotely as part of its COVID response, although they are normally office-based between Newbury and Oxford. For the right person, the flexibility to work remotely as needed is there and with visits to the office likely to be needed 1-2 times per month.
I am looking for someone with:
* 5+ Years general Python development experience (including previous work with Python frameworks flask, chalice, SQLAlchemy)
* 3+ Years SQL experience, Postgresql preferred, will accept other databases.
* Experience with Serverless Python using AWS lambda.
* Experience using AWS services such as EC2 computing, S3 storage, RDS databases.
* Demonstrable experience with Kubernetes and container technologies; Docker etc.
* Detailed knowledge of REST.
* Good understanding of microservice architectures
* Previous experience working in an agile development team.
* Knowledge of good CI/CD practices.
* Good verbal and written skills.
* Clear communicator, able to effectively communicate with product managers.
* Confident breaking down new user stories and writing development tickets
* Previous team leading / scrum master experience.
• Work on developing new features as well as refactoring of existing system;
• Provide guidance and expertise in python unit tests coverage;
• Perform code reviews and set best practices for the product;
• Develop and maintain approach to integrate with third party satellite image providers.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch, I’d love to hear from you.
My client is an equal opportunities employer
- Address Harwell, Oxfordshire