Public Relations Account Manager (Finance)
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £35000 – £40000/annum + bonus
An award winning PR Communications agency are recruiting a PR Account Manager to join a thriving team. The PR Account Manager will have experience of working in the Finance industry with a good understanding of their clients business, industry and competitive market. The PR Account Manager will be able to demonstrate both strong media communications skills as well as expert client management responsibility.
As a PR Account Manager, he / she must be able to carry out the execution of the overall strategy as detailed by their Account Directors, ensuring that objectives and KPIs are being adhered to, and that their accounts are well organised and being run smoothly and profitably, achieving high client satisfaction levels.
* Contribute to the design of the communications strategy and demonstrate a strong understanding of the objectives and requirements.
* Execute the day-to-day communications strategy, managing up to the Account Director and overseeing junior staff.
* Run and manage the client activity calendar or planner. Proactively remind Account Directors and more junior staff of forthcoming planned activity and events to ensure it is executed in a timely manner.
* Prepare all meeting materials, e.g. agenda, media reports, contact report etc. which require minimal checking.
* Build good relationships with your client at the appropriate level and support in the overall management of client relationships to the best of your capability.
* Complete understanding of how the media works in the particular areas in which you operate – the opportunities available and building relationships with journalists, etc.
* Drive the media relations programme for all clients as laid out in the PR or activity plan. Know the relevant journalists and cultivate relationships with them.
* Competent in all verbal approaches to journalists – consumer, business-to-business and trade – to sell in ideas and discuss opportunities. Accustomed to active (rather than passive) communication.
* Understand and advise on media handling including interview briefings, developing Q&A’s, exclusives, embargoes and crisis communications.
* Writing coherent and factually accurate press releases and copy that requires minimal amends from the Account Director and clients.
* Ability to draft feature copy for trade, consumer, corporate and business publications for clients that is well informed and appropriate to the end user with minimal client or media amendment
* Amending and improving press releases, internal copy for newsletters etc. drafted by account executive.
Excellent opportunity for someone wanting to progress in their career in a buzzing, supportive and collaborative environment. The PR Account Manager will be a team player, sharing the company’s vision and values with staff and encouraging a positive working environment.
Please contact Joanne at Longcross Recruitment for more information and/ or send your CV
- Address SE1, Chaucer, Greater London