Project Manager – Groundworks
Job Type : Permanent, Contract, Full Time
We are looking for an experienced groundworks Site/Project Manager to take responsibility for a number of groundworks Projects all within a short distance of each other in Cambridge .
These Projects are nearing or currently at finishing/hand over stages .
You will be responsible for resources allocation, team management, planning and monitoring progress of projects and budget management.
Main duties include accountability for the following:
* Project Delivery.
* Manage the day-to-day working, from ensuring the correct material turns up before a job, to explaining the work ethics and activities to colleagues.
* Managing the site Engineer, Foremen, labour and plant
* Communication and information flow with the Contracts manager and the client
* Implementing the Company Health & Safety Management Systems and Procedures and Quality Assurance Procedures including making safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health, safety and the environment (HSE) are adhered to
* Report progress on projects, maintain and update project reporting, checkpoints and financial reporting to a high standard.
* Co-ordinate required support levels and training.
* Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as architects, engineers, buyers, estimators and surveyors before construction work starts
* Developing the programme of work and strategy for the project, planning ahead to prevent problems on site before they occur, for example, planning the delivery and storage of equipment and materials
* have the ability to oversee the running of several projects
* using construction management software packages to plan smooth work flows
* communicating with a range of people including the client, subcontractors, suppliers, the public and the workforce
* First Aid
* An industry applicable qualification
* An excellent communicator
* Able to work as part of a team yet willing to work independently
* have very good commercial awareness
* Would-be construction managers need to be forward planners, with exceptional people skills and the ability to present ideas and negotiate. Good problem solving skills are essential. IT is increasingly important for managers working on site and in the office, so building up skills in this area is vital
- Address Kent