Project Engineer / Tekla Draughtsperson
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £35000 – £38000/annum
We are seeking a Project Engineer / Tekla Structures Draughtsperson. This is a great opportunity to join a well-established structural steelwork work business who provide services to multi-sector.
To provide drawing office services for all our client’s projects for estimating, design, fabrication and erection.
This will include generation of 3D Tekla Structures models. The importing of model data from other software packages and client BIM models.
A good understanding of BIM, is also necessary. From the models, production of GA drawings, insertion of connection details to the Tekla Structures model, generation of fabrication drawings and NC data to suit the works.
* At tender stage work with the estimating team to generate 3D Tekla Structures models for both calculating quantities and client presentations.
* Production of material take-off lists and use this to confirm tonnage on the project.
* Compare the company model with the client’s and provide any difference feedback.
* On projects in-hand production of complete 3D Tekla Structures models, connections detailing, GA drawings for client approval and any TQ’s, Fabrication drawings and NC files.
* Work in accordance with the drawing office programmes to target key deliverable dates.
* Work closely with the design team.
* Liaise with Estimating and Contract departments on any drawing requirements.
* Be prepared to meet with the client’s team to discuss any project drawing and model related issues.
* Comply with company procedure for drawing numbering and filing systems.
* Liaise with external Drawing Offices on projects, respond and answer any queries in a timely manner.
* Prepare, submit and record TQ’s and RFI’s to the Design Engineer for any design related queries.
* Prepare and circulate notes of any drawing related meetings with clients and/or external DO’s or consultants.
* Provide support to Estimating and Contracts Teams in general.
* Provide DO support to Project Manager and Site Teams.
* Detailed and expert knowledge of the current and latest versions of Tekla Structures.
* Working knowledge of BIM and ability to extract and import models and files into Tekla Structures.
* Knowledge of current drawing practice and standards related to 3D model build, connections detailing and fabrication drawings.
* Good working experience with office software such as Microsoft Office.
* Good time management skills.
* Good organisational skills.
* Personable and able to work within a team environment, whilst displaying independence and initiative.
Job Type: Full-time
- Address Lancashire