Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating a real career opportunity for a Project Co-ordinator at our Birmingham Offices.
The Project Co-ordinator will report to the Project Services Manager. The role is an essential point of contact for internal staff and the technical resources team for projects. Therefore it is important that they build appropriate and effective relationships with customers and suppliers, across several projects running simultaneously.
The key objectives and responsibilities of this role are as follows:
• Provide support to Project Management team during the project lifecycle
• Deal with queries that arise on a daily basis and, if applicable, to offer support to other team members who may need assistance.
• Tracking and reporting on progress to plan, schedule, scope, cost and project changes.
• Support of project meetings with agendas, attendance and minutes, including attending customer meetings.
• Co-ordination and maintenance of the project RAID log
• Establishing and maintaining project entries in the Project Finance Tracking database (BMS) system, to maintain project finances, co-ordinate project resources and process requests for resource time and to provide reporting on resource co-ordination
• Co-ordinating inputs from the team for preparation of management reports, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc for senior management and the PMO
• Co-ordination of Project Documentation in projects' Sharepoint Sites
• Liaise with SCC customers where required
• Liaise with other departments to undertake project interactions and achieve project administration
• Undertake small projects or work packages to delivery (with supervision)
Responsible for ensuring that projects are supported in day to day running and assist with adherence to the project governance processes.
• Ensure that reporting on progress to plan, schedule, scope and proposed changes is done on a weekly basis to the agreed reporting cycle.
• Ensure that Project Document Folder is maintained with current and accurate project documents (sharepoint) such that they are up to-date and compliant with SCC document retention policies.
• Ensure that project finances are accurately recorded and maintained on the Project Finance Tracking database system (BMS).
• Ensure that Risk, Issue and project logs are maintained and communicated promptly.
• Deliver on accountabilities and KPIs agreed separately with the Project Services Manager and Head of Projects
• Desirable: NVQ Diploma in Business and Administration or equivalent
• Desirable: PRINCE2 foundation certification or equivalent
Knowledge and Experience
• Proven experience providing co-ordination support to complex business functions
• Experienced Microsoft Excel user
• Proven experience providing support to Project Management Teams
• Experience of running small projects
• Experience working with Microsoft Project
Technical / Business Skills / Ability
• Highly organised, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and without supervision
• Diligent, with attention to detail
• Ability to cope successfully under pressure and with shifting priorities
• Professional and positive
• Working within structured business processes and regulated procedures
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken English
• Strong Microsoft Office skills; able to manipulate data in Excel spreadsheets
• Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships within the team and with other departments.
• Experience of working with MS Sharepoint is an advantage
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- Address Birmingham, West Midlands (County)