Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £30000/annum 4000
The role is to manage the production activities. We are a well-established and reputable access solutions business based in Sandy, Bedfordshire. Operating within the UK predominantly and a small level of activity in Europe. We manufacture high quality portable high level access equipment, ladder safety accessories and fragile roof walkways, for the Building and Maintenance industry.
Working to Production Schedule based on Customer due dates, your responsibility covers all operational processes & control systems, manufacturing efficiency, quality & despatch through to delivery of goods on time.
You will lead, motivate & develop a team of production/despatch operators.
Maintaining product quality standards will be an essential part of the role, involving problem solving and technical support.
Tackling manufacturing issues and introducing more efficient manufacturing methods will be an important aim for future development of the business.
The Production Manager will report to the General Manager on a day-to-day basis. Reporting to you will be 5 Production Operatives and 1 administrator.
* To deliver excellent customer service through managing agreed production schedules.
* Managing a team of Production Professionals, including probation reviews, staffing levels, performance management and return to work interviews
* A willingness to commit to the role and drive business forwards is essential
* Maintain Health & Safety regulations & working procedures.
* Management of all procurement of raw materials.
* Maintain Group housekeeping standards
* Develop contingency plans when required.
* The introduction of new working methods when appropriate and where necessary
* Heading regular Production Planning, Health & Safety and Toolbox talk meetings
* Manage the maintenance of all tools, machinery and the building.
* Any other projects as identified by the General Manager.
* Experience of steel / aluminium fabrication and assembly.
* Ability to understand CAD / design drawings.
* CAD drawer will be an advantage but not essential
* Procurement and supply chain experience
* Production management in a small team environment
* Team management & motivation
* A recognised qualification such as IOSH or a NEBOSH will be an advantage, but not essential as training will be provided.
* Process control & quality systems
* IT literacy with experience in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Package includes an attractive numerical package, bonus scheme and private medical insurance after qualify period. Six months probationary period reviewed after the first three months
- Address Bedfordshire