Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £50000 – £60000/annum Excellent Benefits Package
Or client, (part of Europe`s second largest contractor), have a superb opportunity for a principal mechanical design engineer to assist the Building Services design department in their Manchester office. The role will involve assisting in managing the design team and ensure the quality of the designs meets with their client’s expectations. The post holder will also hold direct contact with the client and directly be involved with business critical projects.
-Energy from waste power plants
To be suitable you must either be working at Senior Designer level or already working as a principal with a mechanical bias, but if you are from a mechanical background, you need have a good grounding on the electrical side. This position is integral to the company`s growth and they provide further excellent training and development opportunities to bolster your abilities.
1. To report to the Design Manager.
2. To provide leadership to the internal or external design team
3. Provide interface with client and other key stakeholders as defined in the project structure.
4. To design mechanical building services schemes and ensure the team are led and directed to achieve the overall project requirements are satisfied.
5. To ensure a Design Management Plan is produced for each project.
6. Ensure adherence to the design brief/scope of service and develop (as required) a comprehensive scope of service reflecting each phase of the project and the requirements of the specific procurement route.
7. Ensure that Design Programmes are produced that integrate with the agreed Project Programme and that the programmes are regularly monitored for progress and updated as required.
8. Monitor design progress against programme, and report to the project team, in conjunction with the project planner.
9. Ensure project design deliverables are fully realised within overall programme time scales.
10. Ensure that the design fully accords with the defined specifications as detailed within the work package control document or sub-contract documents as appropriate.
Our client provides engineering and service capabilities from conception, design and construction through to facility management within the UK.
With an excellent track record of delivering services in a range of complex and secure critical environments, they deliver fully-integrated, sustainable life cycle solutions, within both the public and private sectors. Our client is the expert in energy performance and building services. Every day they design, install, maintain and operate technical systems and provide tailored services so that their clients can manage both their energy consumption and ensure a good quality of life and working environment for their users
- Address Greater Manchester