PR – Senior Account Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £27000 – £30000/annum
My client is an award-winning digital marketing agency. They've worked with some awesome brands (that people have actually heard of) including Superdry, IKEA, JustEat, Gocompare, carwow, Hillarys Blinds, Optical Express and many more.
Their team is made up of PR, video, social media, web development and design professionals (well, most of them are!). They are a fun and friendly bunch and are incredibly passionate about delivering amazing campaigns for their clients.
* Job description
They are winning clients at a phenomenal rate and are looking for a Senior PR Account Manager to join the team. You will need to have around three years PR agency or in-house public relations experience or be an account manager looking for a step up.
* The successful candidate will support (and report to) our Head of PR and work as part of the public relations team within the company, helping to manage our roster of client accounts and ensure campaigns are on-track and achieving amazing results. You will also be responsible for managing a small team and very much central to winning new business for the agency, in terms of proactively approaching brands to work with and dealing with incoming new business enquiries, from forming PR proposals to leading pitches and getting contracts signed.
* You will lead PR strategy development for clients and work day-to-day on accounts to secure top tier coverage for them. Ideally, you will have great media relationships to utilise and a solid understanding of what it takes to hit the headlines in all the right ways; gaining coverage in print, online and broadcast (TV/radio).
* They are pioneers in cross-platform campaigns (using video, social and/or web widgets to drive campaigns forward) and we expect the successful candidate to have an understanding of the following (although full training will be given):
* Awareness of national media, including online, print, broadcast and everything in between
* Basic-to-good grasp of social media
* Basic knowledge of what the term "Search Engine Optimisation" means (a big part of our PR team’s work revolves around creating amazing content that builds links for clients to support their SEO efforts)
* Basic knowledge of what makes an excellent campaign video
* Use of Photoshop or other editing software (not essential, as we have a design team, just a nice-to-have)
* A university qualification isn’t essential, as experience within a similar role (in our eyes) is even more beneficial. You must have an excellent standard or written and spoken English, as you will be crafting press releases, features, proposals, strategies and more.
* The skills that are essential:
* Creativity and confidence by the bucket load
* Clear and confident phone manner (you will be speaking to journalists and clients over the phone, so can’t be shy when it comes to calls)
* Excellent time management skills (you will be busy and will need to manage your own workload)
* Excellent spelling/grammar and grasp of the English language (you will be one of the in-house proof-readers)
* You will be responsible for your very own clients, from coming up with campaign ideas & formulating strategies and plans, to writing/distributing press releases, calling journalists to pitch stories, and going along on client/new business meetings + pitches.
* COVID-19 precautions
* Remote interview process
* Remote working where possible
* Temperature screenings
* Social distancing guidelines in place
* Virtual meetings
* Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
- Address Gloucester, Gloucestershire