Poultry Service Team Member
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £9.47 – £18.94/hour
My Client – (A Global forwarding thinking company) are looking for a Poultry Service Team member to join the team. The role is 39 hours per week Monday – Friday with Weekend working sometimes required. With hourly rates that reflect this of £9.47 – £18.94 per hour.
To assist with the selection, vaccination and movement of birds within the production department
Tasks and Responsibilities
* Clean and sanitize vaccination and blood testing instruments
* Inoculate and spray vaccinate birds as instructed.
* Record information according to instructions for medications, vaccinations and their treatments.
* Move birds as required within the production area.
* Clean and disinfect equipment and vehicles used in moving birds, supplies or equipment of the farm.
* Select birds according to procedures outlined and record the data on forms provided.
* Adhere to all company Health and Safety rules and procedures.
* To observe all hygiene rules, this includes personal hygiene, hand washing and the wearing of all protective clothing.
* To strictly adhere to all bio-security rules.
* Adhere to all Farm Health and Safety rules and procedures.
* Any other reasonable requests by the Service Team Team Lead
Skills and Experience Required
Any successful applicant will need the following skills:
* Being able to work efficiently on own initiative
* Highly motivated with a 'can do' attitude and a willingness and enthusiasm to take on new challenges
* Flexible and adaptable • Proactive and driven approach
* 2 years experience of working in a comparable environment preferably with livestock (i.e. production/farming)
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business
- Address East Dereham, Norfolk