Planner (Water Treatment)
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £35000 – £45000/annum
My client is a major water company and their engineering and construction department have a large ongoing programme of work and are looking for an experienced planner to work within its treatment delivery team. Reporting to the Planning Manager, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining multiple project programmes throughout the project lifecycle ie; design, construction, commissioning and handover.
You will assist Project Managers by ensuring programme activities are being progressed as planned and proactively identify any issues that may affect delivery or cause delays to projects. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and confident planner to join the team.
Although based principally in the Bath area, the role entails working at locations throughout my client's region and is essential to help deliver individual projects and the overall programme of work, to ensure effective, efficient delivery. A competitive salary is on offer, along with the opportunity to progress and develop within the business.
The role will include, but not be limited to:
* Developing accurate, realistic project programmes using Primavera P6.
* Liaising with project managers, designers, contractors and site teams.
* Planning and programming the delivery of multiple projects on behalf of the project managers, aiming to minimise programme timelines, identify risks and mitigation to overcome issues.
* Producing and monitoring resource profiles for key roles.
* Administering contract programmes and carrying out critical path and variance analysis.
* Producing monthly programme and management reports to monitor project performance.
Experience, qualifications and skills required:
* Working knowledge of Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Excel and Word.
* Understanding of water supply, waste water treatment, civils and mechanical and electrical (M&E) activities.
* Experience of working within an engineering/construction office.
* Knowledge of NEC and NEC3 contracts is advantageous.
* A qualification in civils or a mechanical and engineering discipline.
* The ability to analyse programme data and manage a workload of multiple projects.
* Above all, the role requires a motivated team player, who has a can-do attitude and a flexible approach to their work. As well as the willingness to drive projects through to completion and contribute to the successful delivery
- Address Somerset