Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £24000 – £31500/annum
Payroll Elite are partnered with a leading national organisation to recruit a Payroll Administrator to join their large friendly team responsible for producing its UK Payrolls.
What the successful candidate will be doing:
* Preparation and checking of high volume payrolls to help ensure that employees are paid accurately and on time.
* Working flexibly to set deadlines.
* Following detailed payroll checking procedures across all areas such as report production, payroll checking and correction, sickness processing, etc.
* Maintaining an allocation of stores by processing information received from People and Culture teams and providing an excellent service to all our customers.
* Learning and applying HMRC/Revenue legislation and company rules on calculating and entering company & statutory payments.
* Administration of new starters and leavers including processing starter declarations.
* Dealing with correspondence enquiries in a timely and efficient manner from stores, HMRC/Revenue and other third parties.
* Processing attachment of earnings orders.
* Calculating and administering holiday pay entitlement.
* Administering pension deductions and assisting with pension correspondence and queries.
* Learning to calculate small numbers of manual payments and repayments.
* Administration tasks such as filing and post-sorting.
* Writing and producing reports using a reporting system and using MS Excel to carry out some day to day duties.
* Learning new tasks associated with payroll processing and systems with a view to role development.
* In due course taking on additional responsibility for other tasks performed by the team (for example, international payroll support).
What we are looking for in a candidate:
* Previous experience in a payroll position though full training can be offered to candidates demonstrating a ‘can do’, positive attitude.
* Successful candidates will possess 5 or more GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent), be accurate and flexible and be comfortable working in a busy environment.
The ideal individual will be:
* A competent team player with a positive attitude.
* Organised with good attention to detail.
* Motivated by ensuring high standards of performance and quality of work achieved.
* Able to work in a fast paced environment whilst maintaining accuracy.
* Competitive salary
* 27 days holiday
* Up to 10% employer pension contribution
* BUPA cover