Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £20000 – £25000/annum + overtime
Our client is a leading grower and packer of Top Fruit based in Kent operating out of a state-of-the-art packing facility near Tonbridge, they are now on the search for a capable and enthusiastic Packhouse Supervisor to support directing and controlling all the activities in the production area to ensure H&S, production objectives, standards and targets are achieved. Providing leadership and guidance to the production team and support the implementation of continuous improvements throughout the production operation targeting both process and personnel.
* Oversee the production in the packhouse and assist with the daily planning of production requirements, ensuring orders are completed in full, on time and at optimum efficiency.
* Guide and lead the production team in the delivery of quality standards across all production lines making decisions where necessary in order to achieve customer service levels and standards.
* Train, motivate and develop the team to ensure they got the knowledge, skills and attitude to achieve company performance standards and ensuring that the individual’s potential capabilities are realised.
* Support and assist Line Leaders with machine set-ups and changeovers reducing our downtime.
* Assist with ERP job processing and control, ensuring correct fruit usage, packaging, mass balance and other specified job related requirements.
* Coordinating, analysing and preparing performance data imputed by the team and assisting with the process to optimise the packhouse Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
* Ensure all personnel and processes are managed positively and within the requirements of H&S legislation at all times.
* Ensure the packhouse maintains GMP standards.
* Work closely with the management team (Technical/Planning/Distribution/Maintenance), to ensure that the customer service levels are met.
* Responsible for the production planning and performance in absence of Packhouse manager.
Knowledge and Skills Required
* Good understanding of manufacturing and processing ideally gained within fresh produce.
* Experience with managing, developing and motivating production teams through a continuous improvement process.
* Demonstrable knowledge, experience and skills with fresh produce packing and sorting equipment (Flow wrap machines, graders, etc).
* Problem solving skills and attention to detail.
Working Hours and Benefits
* Full training will be given in business procedures and operating protocols.
* Standard hours 07:30 – 16:15, two breaks unpaid total of 45 minutes a day 8 working hours.
* Our client runs a 6-day operation, Monday to Saturday. This role will work on a flexible shift pattern covering 5 out of 6 days across all operational running hours. You might be required to work outside these hours to meet demand of the business.
* Holiday allowance 28 paid days per annum including bank holidays
- Address Tonbridge, Kent