Outdoor Harvest Team Leader (Temporary)
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £1 – £25000/annum
We are looking for an experienced Outdoor Team Leader to support the team at a salad farm in Essex.
Primary role is to assist the Harvest Manager with the day to day running of the harvest teams, ensuring the harvest operations are as cost effective as possible while maintaining budget yields and quality.
Role will include:
– Day to day supervision of the harvesting staff, reporting any staffing issues to the Farm Manager.
– To ensure that the harvest teams are working within company guidelines and all hygiene and dress code rules in the field are being adhered to.
– Effective communication with the all Managers and the team.
– Ensuring the maintenance and cleaning of all harvesting equipment is carried out as set out in the new guidelines.
– Achieve good control of productivity for the day to day harvest operations, attempt to keep yields as close to budget or better if possible.
– Ensure crops are harvested to the highest quality as per the customers’ specifications.
– To ensure health & safety is always considered with all policies and procedures being adhered to.
Skills and Experience:
– Good understanding of outdoor Whole head operations.
– Previous harvesting operational skills.
– Forklift driver.
– Good understanding of the planter.
Job Type: Full-time/ Temporary
Salary: £25,000 per annum (Pro-rata)
- Address Colchester, Essex