On-site IT Support Engineer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £30000 – £35000/annum
At Content+Cloud we help our clients to succeed and to transform the way their businesses operate, the way their users work, and provide them with flexible and secure platforms with which to do it.
Our portfolio of Professional and Managed Services enables our clients to truly leverage the power of Microsoft’s three clouds: Microsoft 365, Azure and Dynamics 365.
As our reputation has grown over the years, we’ve been able to attract exceptionally talented individuals. Whether they are a world-renowned technology specialist or a highly skilled member of a 24/7support team, all our people are driven by a desire to deliver success for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience in 2nd line support role providing technical support to end users at client’s premisses. This can include incidents, requests, troubleshooting for problems, or change control depending on the requirements of any of our customers.
The engineer must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as exceptional analytical and technical skills and continually look to improve on this. In addition, they need to collaborate with the entire operations team with positive communication and sharing of knowledge and information. The Onsite Support Engineer must can work on their own daily but as part of a larger team. Incorporating Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, Symantec, Cloud and Citrix technologies remotely when the offices are closed, and happy to attend client site when required and must always be an ambassador for Content and Cloud.
Reporting to the Team Manager, the key deliverables of our Second Line Engineers can be summarised as follows:
* Delivery of high quality onsite support on a range of technical incidents, requests and problems across the Content+Cloud client base
* Responding appropriately to, and effectively resolving, customer incidents, queries or complaints.
* Respond to, handle incidents and escalate problems on the variety of platforms and supported networks from logon to the resolution
* Perform administrative tasks user and server related
* Contribute fully as an active team member and ensure personal and team objectives are achieved.
* You will have a ‘hands on’ problem solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes
* Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution.
* Application troubleshooting – Ask targeted questions and apply accurate troubleshooting.
* Report customer feedback and potential product request
Duties and responsibilities
* Take ownership of tickets assigned to you or your team within the required agreed SLA’s.
* Effective troubleshooting skills related to your relevant area of support.
* Take ownership of technical escalation.
* Follow established escalation process for critical or high priority issues as identified onsite.
* Contribute to and improve internal knowledgebase, assets.
* Refer to internal knowledgebase, assets, internal/external resources to provide accurate solution.
* Provide prompt and accurate feedback to users.
* Direct unresolved issues to technical specialist or incident management for technical escalation.
* Collaborate with suppliers and third parties to carry out support.
* Ensure C+C time logging principles are adhered to (8hrs per day).
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of providing IT Support in a commercial environment on many of the following technologies:
* Microsoft Exchange
* Active Directory
* Office 365
* Windows Servers (full range)
* Server Virtualisation (HyperV / VMWare)
* Local Area Networking
* Symantec Products
* Cisco LAN/WAN (routers, switches, ASAs)
* Routing / switching equipment including, but not limited to, Cisco, Dell, HP switches, routers and firewalls
* Citrix ( XenApp/XenDesktop)
* Formal IT qualification, ideally MCSE/MCITP or multiple MCPs massively advantageous
This role will be based at client sites in London, however you will work amongst a team split across our UK offices.
At Content+Cloud we look for a particular kind of person. Someone who likes nothing better than helping others to achieve their goals. Someone who is driven by a desire to go the extra mile for our clients, focusing on the little things that make a big difference. Someone who loves technology, not for its own sake, but for what it can deliver – in terms of organisation.
This is the real Content+Cloud difference: the mindset of our people.
Salary dependent on experience
Role based at client sites in London.
40 hours per week, Monday – Friday)
25 days’ annual leave
Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership, free breakfast daily (and a whole array of other benefits!)
Continual professional development plans
- Address London