NHS Catering Assistant
Job Type : Contract, Full Time
Salary : £10.85/hour + Holiday + Pension
NHS CATERING – Catering Staff Needed
We are looking for Catering Staff to join our patient dining team who are passionate about customer service and want to make a difference. Some of the qualities we look for that are key to this role include a calm and friendly manner with good communication skills for interacting with patients.
As a Catering Host within our catering department you will be responsible for providing both nutrition and hydration needs for patients and serving in a warm and welcoming environment.
Additional duties to include
* Provide menus, take orders from patients and support with all dietary and allergen queries.
* Prepare and deliver all refreshments and meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner service.
* Clear down ward areas and wash up dirty dishes ensuring that the kitchen is fully prepared for next service.
* Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
* Offer a great customer service by always putting the patient first.
Enhanced DBS Police check.
* Awareness of food & hygiene within a catering environment, a Level 2 Food Safety would be desirable but not essential.
* Passionate about patient care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
* Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach some rooms may be chilled and there may be manual handling as part of the role.
* Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell.
The role is Monday to Friday, and covers the following shifts 07:00 – 15:00 / 09:00 – 17:00 / 10:00 – 18:00 and we are waiting on evening and night shifts to start please advise your availbaility.
This position is subject to references and a Disclosure & Barring Service check;
To apply for this position, please send an up-to-date CV Please note that due to the high level of applicants we are not able to respond to unsuccessful candidates, and if you have not been contacted within seven days please assume you have not been selected on this occasion.
Zoom Recruitment Services Ltd is a specialist agency supplying permanent, temporary and contractual staff within NHS, Commercial, Logistical, Industrial and Technical sectors. We are also accredited members of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and follow professional and ethical working procedures
- Address Epsom, Surrey