Network Infrastructure Designer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
The role of Network Infrastructure Designer (NID) sits within the Design Team of Enterprise Services. The employee will be involved in the specification, design and pre installation handover of a range of physical networking technologies including but not limited to wireless access and backhaul equipment, switches and routers and firewalls as well as configuration side specifications such as IP addressing, VLANs, VPNs and so on.
* To liaise with Senior Account Managers, Technical Account Managers & Estimators to ensure high quality & detailed designs & proposals are submitted in line with client requirements & Sudlows commercial expectations.
* To carry out detailed site surveys of Wireless and IP Network installations in line with company procedures to ensure a high level of accuracy & competitiveness.
* Produce detailed design packs from concept as required by Sudlows & its customers.
* Liaising with the Bid Team to assist in producing detailed Technical Tender responses & producing detailed design proposals for new business.
* Applying for project pricing & liaising with our supply chain to ensure we provide our clients with the best solutions.
* Be the point of contact for Operations & respond to queries over scope of works and provide solutions to assist the installation.
* Support the wider design team as required and able on other design tasks.
* Demonstrable knowledge of the design of network architecture such as switches, routers and firewalls.
* Demonstrable knowledge of the design of wireless networks for both user access and backhaul technologies such as PtP and PtMP bridges.
* A working knowledge of structured cabling systems.
* Experience in producing wireless surveys based on site surveys and predictive modelling.
* Demonstrable knowledge of the OSI model, in particular layers 2 and 3.
* Experience in using a range of design tools such as MS Visio to support your design proposals.
* Experience in designing networks to support a range of applications such as Data, VoIP, IPSec, HVAC, BMS and EMS.
* Understanding and experience with networking elements such as QoS, DNS, DHCP, Radius, TACACS, SNMP and TCP/IP amongst others and how these may need to be incorporated into a network design.
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy while completing documentation in all its forms.
* Working knowledge of current and prevalent standards relating to network architecture and wireless networking.
* Excellent customer facing manner.
* Flexible approach to working location and times.
* UK Driving Licence.
* Industry recognised training and certification in wireless / networking such as CCDA or above and / or equivalent.
* Manufacturer awarded training and certification in the installation and / or design of wireless networks such as Aruba, Cisco or HP for example.
* Recognised educational award at degree level of an IT related discipline.
* Proven specific experience or training in other IT / Network related areas such as Client / Server installation.
* Proven experience and / or industry recognised training with other technologies in the intelligent building space such as, IP Security, Intelligent Lighting, HVAC and Energy Management.
* CSCS / ECS Card
- Address Manchester, Greater Manchester