Network Field Engineer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £30000 – £40000/annum Negotiable dependent on experience
As a network field engineer, your role will be to attend all customer sites requiring site activations/provisions of IT/VOIP services, wireless setups, and technical and infrastructure fault calls
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Onsite proactive and reactive response to customer demands
• Configuring, installing, and replacing network equipment as a key part of customer service provision
* Good experience of RF communications and IP Networks
• Administration that includes managing remote user accounts, modify firewall rules, updates to network configuration, URL blocking, monitoring & reporting support
• Monitor and correct security vulnerabilities on all servers and network equipment in line with the latest Cyber Security Standards.
• Setting of file structures, permissions, and any changes that need to be made.
• Assist with a range of issues from workstations, operating systems, application & printer issues reducing downtime and productivity for all users.
• Discuss and explain technical situations to a non-technical audience
Ideally CCNA qualified you will need to have:
· Experienced in configuring and troubleshooting networking equipment.
· Strong understanding and technical skills of project deployment specific to hardware, infrastructure cabling, and IT installations
· Experience in installing Fortigate and Sonicwall Firewalls that are configured to specific requirements for each department.
· Experience of building and installing temporary wall and floor mounted cabinets
· Wireless troubleshooting skills
· Knowledge and understanding of VLAN’s
· Ability to perform cable runs throughout the site
· Full driving license and willingness to travel
· Fluent in English
Education, Qualification, and Vocational Training
• Desirable CCNA Wireless & CCNA Security
• MCSA, Cisco and CompTIA Network+ certifications
• 2+ years in a similar IT environment
• Sophos Certified
• WAN / LAN environments
• Working under pressure and against tight timescales
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Logical thinker
• Professional manner
• Flexible approach to working hours
• Understanding of customer service
• Team player
• Excellent organisational skills
Ideally based in West London, you will be required to work on location for the duration of filming on set or location. Days will be 8 am – 6 pm when onset, with an additional bonus for days spent on shoot location
- Address Southall, Greater London