Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
The Network Architect will be responsible for leading and owning the design and architecture of all network technologies across a range of customer’s in a multi-tenanted environment that offers exposure to an array of cutting-edge technologies, with the focus on service delivery excellence and improvements.
Must have solid technical experience producing both high and low-level networking designs. The ability to face off with third party technical staff is key as is solid documentation experience.
The position will be part of a team of Technical Architect’s within Design & Delivery responsible for the design and delivery of varying sized project implementations for all Data Centre Services customers, ensuring customer satisfaction at every opportunity.
Main Duties of Job:
* Support and lead engagement with customers to ensure design of technical network solutions are in line with the requirements of the customer.
* Creation of both high and low-level networking designs ensuring they are fit for purpose and adhering to agreed standards and frameworks.
* Lead the design of networking services and customer infrastructures from conception to completion.
* Support where necessary the technical delivery of network projects utilising core technologies such as Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper, CheckPoint and F5 products.
* Assist in the requirements gathering process and pre-sales phase including due diligence, Statement of Works and solution proposals.
* Ability to challenge technical experts in a reasoned and logical manner to explore all possible solutions.
* To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels.
* Provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
* To perform any other duties from time to time that may be required by your line Manager.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with a Data Centre technology stack and have an appreciation of support and service transition. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and ability to handle work with multiple customers and projects.
* Strong background in Enterprise and Data Centre technologies in large-scale deployments.
* In-depth experience of Cisco networking products to at least CCIE certification level.
* Hands-on experience of most of the following technologies: Fortinet, Juniper, CheckPoint, Brocade, HP and F5 products including practical experience in a corporate environment serving customers.
* Detailed technical knowledge of routing and switching, firewalls, load balancing, WAN technologies, software-defined/virtualised networking, unified networking, multi-context networking devices and application delivery controllers.
* Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents.
* Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
* Ability to disseminate the right level of technical or solution information intended for the correct audience.
* Excellent documentation skills across technical, process and customer facing documentation.
* Strong customer facing experience.
* Confident character with the ability to deal effectively from senior level management down to junior Technical Engineer level.
* Commitment to exceed customers’ expectations.
* Appropriate certifications in vendor technologies for example Cisco, Fortinet or CheckPoint.
* Be engaged with emerging approaches to WAN architecture and design
* Experience of customer lifecycle management particularly proposal writing and customer presentations.
* Technical knowledge of at least some of the following: Microsoft technology stack including Active Directory and Exchange, virtualisation technology (Hyper-V and/or VMWare), Citrix/VDI, database and storage technologies backed with practical experience in a corporate environment preferably serving customers.
* Experience of Cloud technologies including automation and orchestration toolsets (SCVMM, BMC, AWS, Azure).
* Exposure to project management and service management industry best practises (PRINCE2, ITIL v3).
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- Address Birmingham, West Midlands (County)