Materials Controller – Bishops Stortford
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £30000 – £35000/annum + Package
Materials Controller – Bishops Stortford – £30 – 35k + Package
Are you currently a Yardman / Yard Manager working in a Builders Merchants and seeking progression or a new career opportunity with one of the country’s Top Residential Developers?
If so we want to hear from you!
Our client is one of the country’s Top Residential Developers and is on the lookout for a Material Controller to join one of their new developments in Bishops Stortford. You will be responsible for communication with all parties to ensure materials are expedited in a timely manner on site.
My client is looking for someone who has an extensive knowledge about materials and would be happy working on a construction site, liaising between the Buying team and SIte Manager.
• Prepare detailed materials procurement programmes and schedules, monitor and update.
• Carry out stock controls to forecast materials requirements and/or deficiency in a timely manner.
• Thoroughly check buyer take offs and order quantity, quality and size against the contract drawings to ensure no discrepancies in material requirements.
• Prepare or assist Site Manager to prepare material deliveries schedules in accordance with Construction Programme.
• Distributes materials on site to Sub-contractors in accordance with terms and conditions of their sub-contractors.
• Ensure all materials are stored and protected in accordance with current best practice to minimise damage or deformation.
• Motivate supporting department's staff and third parties to best deliver their contribution to the project.
• Carry out stock control checks in accordance with materials control procedures.
• Ensures quality and quantity of materials delivered in accordance with delivery tickets and or orders.
• Co-ordinate with the Commercial Department, Surveyors and Buyers to ensure specific requirements are included prior to material orders being placed.
• Competitive salary
• Quarterly bonus
• Genuine Career Path
• In-house development and training structure
• 25 days holiday
• Life assurance
• Car allowance/ Company car
• And many more flexible benefits
PLEASE NOTE: If you have no experience but are from a background in the Armed Forces, you would also be considered for a trainee role.
This is a great opportunity to gain construction experience and be part of a company that offers a great training and development programme. Don't wait- apply now
- Address Hertfordshire