Management Accountant (Temp to Permanent)
Job Type : Contract, Full Time
Salary : £19 – £21/hour
Our client, an international manufacturing company based in the Stoke area, is now looking to recruit a (CIMA or AAT minimum part-qualified) Management Accountant to join their team ON A 1-3 MONTH TEMPORARY BASIS!!
THIS ROLE IS ULTIMATELY A PERMANENT POST AND THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE ABLE TO APPLY FOR THE ROLE!!
Key Purpose of Role:
To produce monthly management accounts, budgeting, forecasting and balance sheet reconciliations. Act in an advisory and supportive role to business managers.
Control of Standard Cost changes and manufacturing variances.
Analysis of inventory and E&O provisions.
1. Production of site management accounts on a timely basis, including weekly flash results for latest view.
2. Provide financial analysis and daily reports for Business Unit management team to enhance understanding of trading performance.
3. Production of monthly operational KPI’s.
4. Ensure all company accounting policies are adhered to and that controls are adequate to meet statutory and management requirements.
5. Assist in compilation of Monthly journals for cost movements, accruals and prepayments etc. and posting to general ledger.
6. Ensure accurate coding of all P&L and Balance sheet transactions.
7. Control and journal all stock movements.
8. Control of Excess and Obsolete stock and provision, including producing monthly E&O report and ensuring adequate provision is held.
9. Prepare the stock analysis and reconciliation schedule
10. Reconciliation of Control accounts.
11. BOM and transaction audits.
12. Involvement in project costing process for new projects and capital appraisal of investments.
13. Analyse PPV/FIFO report for Purchase variances and post to General Ledger.
14. Maintain Standard Costs and Obsolete flags.
15. Produce site scrap report.
1. CIMA or AAT minimum part qualified Or 4 years Management Accounts experience
2. Excellent PC Skills in Microsoft Office, Excel required to an advanced level.
3. Experience of Accounts package on a mainframe.
4. Experience of Manufacturing.
5. Confident communicator at all levels
6. Ability to act independently
7. Flexibility , ability to adapt to change and proactively manage workload
8. Attention to detail