Magazine Editor – Transport
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £25000 – £28000/annum
GlobalData is one of the fastest-growing data and analytics companies on the London Stock Exchange. Our growth is a direct result of our investment in people, products and platforms.
Our Business Intelligence division produces over 15,000 reports, briefings, forecasts and data books each year. Our coverage spans 42 sectors, 500,000 companies and 80 countries. Our Intelligence Centres offer constantly updated data, analysis and tools that slot seamlessly into the workflow of our customers to help them de-code the future. GlobalData also runs a portfolio of industry-leading websites and magazines, an international events business, and a technology-driven marketing solutions offering.
The Magazine Editor – Transport is responsible for the delivery of our four digital B2B magazines for the transport and travel sector. Key responsibilities include planning, commissioning and sub-editing magazine content, managing two writers, liaising with industry contacts, and helping to grow our audience.
The Magazine Editor will report to the Publisher of our magazine division, manage two writers, and work alongside the Transport Sector Editor and our web team to coordinate the creation and sharing of content across our digital magazines and websites.
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in writing and commissioning for B2B audiences and is competent with editing technical and business content. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable with taking responsibility for the entire editorial process, from issue planning to sign-off, and has a strong understanding of digital audiences.
They will be an organised and creative editor with impeccable language and sub-editing skills, an eye for what looks good on the page, and a drive to create engaging and beautiful magazines to a consistently high standard.
Strong communication skills are a must as you represent our brand to our readers and industry contacts, manage two in-house writers, coordinate with freelancers and external contributors, and work closely with the design and commercial teams.
* Take ownership of our four transport sector magazines: Airport Industry Review, Future Rail, Future Cruise and Ship Technology Global
* Shape short and long-term content strategies for each magazine, taking into account our target audience as well as our commercial strategy
* Plan, commission and sub-edit the content for every issue
* Manage two in-house writers as well as regular freelance contributors
* Work with trade bodies, companies and PRs to source high-quality comment and editorial contributions
* Prepare copy for production, source images and work closely with our designers on page formats and presentation ideas
* Work alongside our SEO team to optimise all digital copy and improve our audience reach
* Help promote each magazine issue post-publication on our websites, email campaigns and social accounts
* Engage with our readers through daily social media activity
What we’re looking for
* Journalism background with experience in creating content for a B2B audience –
* previous experience covering the transport sector is a plus
* Excellent writing, sub-editing and proofreading skills
* A passion for digital media, with a strong idea of how to present long-form business and technical content for digital audiences
* A knack for writing engaging coverlines, content pages, feature headlines and social media posts
* Strong visual skills and creativity in choosing images
* Ability to stay on top of weekly deadlines across multiple publications
* A strong drive to take ownership of these publications, represent them to our audience and partners (including on social media), and increase our readership
- Address EC4Y, Blackfriars, Greater London