Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
PURPOSE OF JOB
Receiving, inspecting, storing and distributing all materials received in to optimum efficiency and to schedule. Assist with finished stores and despatch to subcontractors and finished goods to customers as required.
– Efficiently booking in all materials and parts, preparing and issuing to appropriate departments,
– Efficiently prepare goods (clean and pack) for dispatch and arrange transport, i.e. Company van or courier,
– Efficiently prepare goods and paperwork for outside process and arrange transport,
– Chase subcontractors and arrange collection,
– To use Company forklifts, overhead cranes & saws proficiently and safely, in accordance with Company policies,
– To constantly improve methods and ensure efficient flow of materials and goods,
– Comply with all requirements of Quality System, particularly recordings on job card and confirming all conforms to drawing specification, size & quantities. Identify received material that requires QA department control,
– To be totally accountable for the quality of own work and diligently viewing product for any errors,
– To work in an organised and productive manner always keeping surrounding area clean and tidy,
– When required use fork lift in a safe manner to transport goods and raw materials,
– Deliver goods with Company vehicles in a safe and responsible manner as required,
– To confirm specification compliance and accuracy of C of C, filing and documenting to procedures,
-To assist in assembly department as needed and undergo necessary training to produce assembled parts to customer drawings,
– To carry out any other tasks as reasonably requested,
– To carry out specified safety weekly checks & preventative maintenance, on the fork lift truck, and Company van, racking and report any problems
Relevant experience of working in an engineering company is essential.
Driving licence essential.
Positive, flexible, can-do atttiutude with a willingness to learn is a must.
Competitive rate on offer.
If you feel you have the necessary skills we would like to hear from you
- Address Abingdon, Oxfordshire