Criminal Duty Solicitor
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £25000 – £40000/annum
Our client is looking for an experienced Criminal Duty Solicitor to join their team in Blackburn.
The individual must possess excellent client care as they will be required to attend Court and police stations during the day and also be available to manage the emergency calls during the evening and weekends (on a rota system).
The individual must also be competent in maintaining and managing a large caseload of Magistrates and Crown Court cases.
Key requirements to be considered for this role:
* Duty Solicitor status is essential
* Supervisor experience desirable, or a willingness to gain the same
* Knowledge of SQM and Lexcel compliance desirable, but not essential to begin with
* Clear history of managing your own extensive caseload
* Be very knowledgeable across a wide range of criminal matters
* Possesses excellent client care skills
* Superior drafting and writing skills as well as possessing an excellent ability to communicate
* Be able to conduct themselves authoritatively within challenging and high-pressure environments
* Strong commercial and operational skills
* Results-driven with a proven track record in securing fantastic results for clients
* Sound understanding and ability to collate, interpreted and present management information for the department
* Excellent people skills
* Strong IT skills
In return, they offer a competitive salary which will be based on experience and would consider a degree of flexibility for the right candidate. My client also heavily invests in their staff and maintain a year-round training program to keep you up to date on the law and assist in maintaining your training record.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful
- Address Burnley, Lancashire