Data Protection Litigation Support Assistant
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Sue Ross Legal currently have an opportunity available for a Support Assistant to join our client’s Data Protection & Privacy Litigation team based in the Centre of Sheffield.
This role will see you providing support to Fee Earners within Data Protection Litigation and duties will include;
* Assisting with the progression of files
* Setting up new claims
* Drafting legal documents and correspondence including witness statements, Instructions to Counsel and Briefs to Counsel
* Answering and responding to incoming queries from clients and third parties
* Maintaining filing systems
* Obtaining and chasing essential file information including expert reports
* Instructing Counsel
* Organising hearings and telephone conferences
* Arranging telephone hearings between Judges, Counsel and Defendants
* Preparing bundles
* Preparing court forms including N1 claim forms, witness summons requests
* Making applications for help with fees
* Ensuring disbursements are recorded accurately
* Requesting settlement monies
* Assisting with accounts postings
* Diary management
* Updating case management systems
This role may suit a Legal Secretary who is wanting to make the move away from Audio typing and become more involved with files.
To be considered for this role you should have at least 6 months experience gained in a similar level role, have the ability to prioritise workloads and have excellent client care and communication skills. As Data Protection law is quite niche, our client will look at candidates who have experience gained with similar duties within PI or Civil Litigation.
For more information about the above vacancy or for a confidential chat about our other vacancies throughout Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, the North West and the North East, please send your details to us and one of our dedicated legal consultants will contact you.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion
- Address Chesterfield, Derbyshire