Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Sue Ross Legal have an excellent opportunity for a Paralegal to join the Family team of our client, a well-established and respected law firm based in Barnsley.
You will be handling and assisting a caseload within the Family department, comprising mainly of matrimonial files.
* Screening and responding to incoming correspondence and calls
* Providing telephone and written advice to matrimonial clients
* Diary management including diarising key dates, limitation dates, court hearings
* Instructing experts and chasing up reports
* Drafting legal documents
* Negotiating settlements
* Attending court as and when necessary
* Conducting own advocacy
* Briefing counsel where needed
* Assessing clients for public funding
* Preparing and submitting bills
* Liaising with external agencies
* Reviewing files on a regular basis
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have experience gained in a similar position and have excellent client care skills along with a keen eye for detail. You should be able to manage demanding workloads and work on your own initiative.
For more information about the above vacancy or for a confidential chat about our other vacancies throughout Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, the North West and the North East, please send your details to us and one of our dedicated legal consultants will contact you.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment
- Address Barnsley, South Yorkshire