Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £35000 – £40000/annum
We are currently recruiting for a Tax Executive / Tax Advisor, to join our legal client's specialist Private Client / Tax Teams in Chichester. One role can be offered on a part-time basis with home based working option if required.
An extensive knowledge of HMRC requirements is essential both administrative and theoretical, with ideally an academic qualification such as CTA, STEP, ATT or similar and legal accountingexperience including Trusts and Estates accounts. A high degree of self-management and initiative will be required, complying with all relevant professional and regulatory obligations.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* to prepare Trust, Estate and Personal tax returns, with full awareness of HMRC deadlines, including inheritance tax
* Client advice, both personal and by correspondence
* Business development awareness
* use of accounting and time recording software
* checking documents for accuracy
* costing of files for the purpose of cost update letters
* taking telephone messages
* making appointments, managing diaries and seeing to the reasonable requirements of clients
* use of photocopier, scanner and fax machine where necessary
* to prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch
* to ensure the confidentiality and security of all documentation to comply with the new GDPR regulations
* to carry out other tasks as and when required by the LLP and/or your Line Manager
* You will be expected to provide a professional, efficient and friendly service to clients and maintain confidentiality at all times.
* To provide support in a professional and courteous manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for Client Care
* Be self-motivated and able to organise own workload with minimum supervision
* You will be expected to communicate clearly and appropriately, both orally and verbally with other parties whilst maintaining excellent working relationships. Be diplomatic and confident in communication with partners and staff
* You will need excellent spelling and grammar and pay attention to detail and quality of work
* You will be expected to comply with all office procedure requirements.
This is a superb opportunity for a Tax specialist to join an expert and knowledgeable Private Client Tax Team where you will be involved in tax returns and advising on structuring wealth to ensure the correct tax is paid.
An excellent market rate salary and benefits package is offered together with the opportunity for further progression.
Please apply now if you are ready for a new and exciting challenge
- Address Chichester, West Sussex