LEAN CI Consultant Coach
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £40000 – £55000/annum Unlimited Leave, Bonus, Healthcare
We are looking for a Consultant Coach for one of our great clients, working in the food manufacturing sector.
We have exciting opportunities for experienced and motivated Consultant Coaches to develop, coach and assess our apprenticeship standard learners focusing on the Improvement Technician Standard at Level 3, Improvement Practitioner at level 4 and Management Standards
This is a full time role and will include travel either within a region of the UK or to a specific client, a driving licence and access to a car is therefore essential.
Appropriate DBS clearance will be required.
We are looking for enthusiastic and qualified Consultant Coaches to support the delivery of our range of Apprenticeship Standards including:
* Level 3 Improvement Technician
* Level 4 Improvement Practitioner
* Level 5 Improvement Specialist
* Level 3 Team Leader / Supervisor
* Level 4 Process Leader
* Level 5 Operations / Departmental Manager
To support learners to meet the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to achieve their apprenticeship standard and qualifications and demonstrate the required levels of competence, including the delivery of Functional Skills in Maths and English up to Level 2. This role combines coaching, training and Improvement project support with assessment work.
You will be working in partnership with employers to ensure their employees are supported through the full apprenticeship programme by creating and managing a collaborative approach following a full engagement process prior to the commencement of the programme.
Utilising your training and coaching and project management skills, you will guide and support learners’ performance and knowledge throughout their training in continuous improvement skills and management development, through one-to-one and group sessions. This will also include the practical application of C.I through the oversight and coaching of improvement projects in the workplace. These will be developed with the learners and clients through a collaborative process managed by yourself in line with the clients business priorities to deliver real, measurable operational benefits.
= Planning, developing and delivering standards-based training programmes and workshops
= Involvement in programme scoping and engagement with the client management team and managing the ongoing day to day relationship.
= Coaching learners and mentoring managers in their workplace especially in the identification, scoping and execution of workplace improvement projects as agreed with the client management team.
= If required and approved, undertake limited consultancy activities in support of the improvement programme
= Reviewing and assessing learners evidence using our BUD e-portfolio system
= Delivering and supporting Functional Skills development using BKSB online support in Maths and English at the required levels.
= Providing constructive feedback and offering advice and support to meet and exceed the required standards
= Support the learning process through use of learning resources and facilitating workplace off-the-job training as required
= Plan assessment processes with learners and complete all relevant documentation
= Engage and coach the learner’s line managers to provide adequate support and guidance needed by the learner.
= Provide learners with all the relevant policies and regulations to clarify what is expected of them and to ensure their safety
= Preparing learners for and recommending learners for EPA gateway when all the requirements have been met
= Maintaining records of learners' progress via E-portfolio to ensure deadlines for completion are met
We value your industry knowledge and training experience, training and support in specific areas can be provided if you have a real passion for sharing your knowledge and developing others. We expect to see experience in an operational management role as well as substantial experience in the deployment of C I and lean tools.
You will be an effective communicator, able to successfully engage both employers and learners alike. An excellent planner, able to operate autonomously, you will be able to manage your time effectively and as well as conflicting priorities. You will have the ability to coach, develop and mentor people, proven experience of delivering training will be required and assessing learners would be an advantage.
* To ensure compliance with Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and all other relevant policies, procedures and legislation
* A sound understanding of Apprenticeship Standards and the Skills/Knowledge and Behaviours associated with the required standards and End Point Assessment needs.
* Being well organised with a methodical approach to working autonomously, able to prioritise and work under pressure with good time management
* Having good communication skills being able to clearly explain complex topics
* Being supportive, tactful and patient
* Being able to work alone and as part of a team
* Data collection and create accurate reports
* Project management
* Having a passion for helping and motivating people to develop
* The ability to relate to people at all levels
* Being able to explain the values / benefits of training and Apprenticeships to learners and employers
* Understand commercial issues faced by clients
Education Level requirement for this role:
* Qualification as a trainer – PTLLS or other recognised teaching/training qualification at Level 3 or above preferable
* Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English or equivalent
* Minimum Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Workplace (CAVA/TAQA/A1/D32/33)
* Level 3 qualification in occupational area as a minimum – or equivalent
* ILM and Management Training qualifications will be extremely advantageous
Experience level required:
It is essential that you have at least 3-5 years’ experience of working in an operational management or continuous improvement role and can demonstrate this through occupational experience and/or associated qualifications. Experience with the deployment of CI tools and principles will be advantageous.
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds