Landscape Site Supervisor
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £35000 – £38000/annum
You will be joining a hugely successful Landscaping Contractor, in a pivotal role, taking responsibility for projects with values from £50k to £3m. The company specialise in the Gardens spaces that are associated with major commercial and residential developments. They are known for delivering complex, city centre installations often on the roof of a development! This role is biased towards Hard Landscaping but also requires a good understanding of the Soft Landscaping considerations. You will maintain a clear understanding of the Contract, Drawings and Specification and provide the client with a dedicated project manager.
The Site Supervisor will take responsibility for managing consecutive sites in Greater London. You will have responsibility for all aspects of the site operation and the management of both the direct labour and sub-contractors. The sites are notable for their urban locations requiring complex delivery logistics, and the use of Cranes to locate plants and materials. Your responsibilities will run from the initial site visit through ordering all the materials and equipment to working on the site installation. You will ensure that all the site works are completed to the required, contractual standard.
* Liaising with Clients and the Office, reporting progress
* Together with your team you will organise the complex logistics associated with urban construction projects.
* Motivating the workforce and organising each day’s work scheduling, including site staff
* Ensure all stock is available for each site on a daily basis, organising call-offs and arranging deliveries as required to ensure completion dates are met
* Produce Risk Assessments, RAMS and ensure PPE is available.
* Maintain a good client relationship, dealing with the Client needs and resourcing them adequately
* Making sure that all tools and equipment are well maintained, clean and serviceable
You will have previous supervisory experience in a landscaping role, have good communication skills and be computer literate in MS Office applications. Importantly you will be hardworking with good attention to detail, diplomatic and calm with clients.
* Be used to working with Construction Drawings and be able to interpret these on site.
* Highly organised and professional in approach with a keen eye for detail
* Assertive and proactive in thinking and approach, Robust, committed and commercially minded
* Experienced in the complex logistics of Urban sites and working at height.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels both internally and externally
* CSCS Gold Card
- Address London