Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £8.91/hour
At Huntercombe Hospital Maidenhead, a Tier 4 CAMHS unit for children and young people aged between 12 and 18 years, we are seeking an enthusiasticKitchen Porterto join our catering team. Working within the kitchen and dining area you will carry out cleaning and delivery tasks for the Catering Department, which will help to ensure an efficient and hygienic food service.
Huntercombe canoffer you a rewarding careerwhere you will be valued as a key member of our team and every day you’ll be able tomake a differenceto the lives of our patients and residents, supporting and encouraging them to achieve their goals and ambitions.
Most patients and residents are referredvia NHS and local authorities.
As aKitchen Porterworking in ourCAMHS serviceyour main duties will be:
* Be responsible for the clearance and washing up of crockery, cutlery and catering equipment by use of the dishwasher, or by hand where necessary, returning all items to the appropriate areas of the catering department once cleaned.
* Regular cleaning of all equipment as instructed or according to schedule, including hot plates, steamer and fryer, following all Health & Safety guidelines
* Cleaning of catering area floors twice a day including food store, and as necessary
* Responsible for the hygienic preparation of food, such as making mixes and peeling vegetables etc.
* To ensure catering waste bags are changed as regularly as necessary and all waste is disposed of hygienically.
* Work safely within company policies, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
To join The Huntercombe Group as a Kitchen Porter you will have:-
* A good knowledge of food hygiene and food preparation
* A positive attitude and a desire to deliver the best possible service to patients in our care.
* The ability to communicate at all levels
* A flexible and adaptable attitude
This is a full time role, working 37.5 hours per week on a shift basis, including evenings and weekends.
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding benefits package:
* Assistance Programme (EAP)
* Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a max salary of£50k)
* 2 week’s paid paternity leave
* Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
* A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
* Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
* Generous Annual Leave
* Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
* The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
* Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
* A range of staff discounts
* Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Address Taplow, Buckinghamshire