International Business Development Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £38000 – £45000/annum
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager for our London offices. We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious sales professional to drive print, online, supplier directory and in person/digital event sponsorship sales for our successful business to business journals, websites, webinars and events.
The maritime industry sits at the centre of the global economy, and ports and terminals are vital to ensuring the safe passage of goods across the supply chain. Massive technological changes mean now is a great time to enter the industry, with the biggest ports, terminal operators, carriers and logistics firms investing heavily to connect cities, countries and regions through the power of trade.
Port Technology International currently delivers conferences in London and Rotterdam, with more planned for next year, alongside a leading journal published quarterly and a world No 1 website for news, technical content and sourcing suppliers.
The Port Technology journal is the only technical preview and review of advanced technologies for ports, harbours and terminals world-wide. Each edition features over 30 technical papers written by leading industry professionals, which reflect emerging trends and technical advances that enhance efficiency and increase productivity in ports and terminals.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Attracting international clients for online advertising for the quarterly Journal editions
* Selling sponsorship agreements and working with clients on individual strategies
* Promote company products including but not limited to in-person/digital events, webinars and subscriptions
* Building strong relationships with key decision makers at private sector companies and become their trusted adviser
* Generating new business as well as maintaining existing accounts.
* Managing your client accounts and help ensure fulfilment of agreed deliverables before, at and after the event or print edition
* Market research and lead generation using social media and competitor information
* Meeting agreed KPI and revenue targets to contribute to the team’s growth
* Competitor mapping and understanding the unique positioning and selling points of Port Technology
* Identifying and researching new growth areas
* Gathering product and company feedback from clients and prospects
* Working closely with marketing, production and admin/operations
The successful applicant will have:
* Degree or equivalent qualification / experience
* A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience gained in a business to business sales environment (maritime, transport or technology background highly desirable)
* Previous experience selling digital packages
* Entrepreneurial can-do attitude and ability to thrive working in a target orientated environment
* Competency to research and source own leads and build profitable business relationships
* Excellent telephone etiquette and skill to lead detailed conversations with senior officials
* Proven ability to work well in a team but also initiative to work on your own
* Good sense for identifying business opportunities, new revenue streams and possibilities to sell across a whole portfolio
* Availability for occasional international travel and confidence in face-to-face networking
What we offer:
* Competitive annual salary (depending on experience)
* Uncapped commission and achievable event bonuses
* Inspiring and motivational environment with a great team spirit
* The opportunity to work in a company that is a genuine leader within the sector and highly recognised for empowering employees
* We will provide support, training, coaching to allow you to develop your skills and build a successful career
* The opportunity to work within a high quality team and within a company where trust & integrity are our leading values
* There are fantastic career opportunities within the wider business for stellar performers as we continue to grow
* Fresh, vibrant serviced offices based in Victoria with many member benefits including in-house coffee barista, table tennis, wellness rooms and online/in-store discounts
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage
- Address City of Westminster, Greater London