Interim Sustainability Consultant
Job Type : Contract, Full Time
Salary : £400 – £600/day
Our client is a major and well invested fresh produce businesses with operations in the UK and in Europe with multiple key retailer relationships going back over a number of years. As part of their growth targets, they are looking to source a sustainability “expert” to assist them in this key area of their business.
What You’ll Be Doing
Working with the business key Directors and investors to assist with their sustainability journey and creating a reliable system for data collection from the various business units and associated functions. Leading a network of sustainability champions within the business to advise and steer on projects that need to be achieved for the various accreditations they wish to achieve.
* Leading delivery of the various sustainability certification processes.
* Accountability for sustainability report/ratings submissions and indices such as DJSI and CDP.
* Work closely and collaboratively on sustainability projects with the company colleagues be that internally or externally.
* Create the plan for the businesses zero emissions targets and coordinating all emissions reduction/offset projects in all areas across the business.
* Play an active role directing the clients initiatives in this whole area and again both internal and externally.
* Act as an advisor to business partners and play an active role in various initiatives contributing towards the businesses circular economy objectives, across packaging and growing areas.
* Experience with GHG emissions management and Net Zero programs would be great to see.
* 5 years+ working experience in the field of sustainability strategy, environmental science, ESG strategy, ideally in Consumer goods/Fresh Foods/FMCG.
* Experience in managing complex sustainability submissions for ratings and indices.
* B Corp experience is a strong advantage.
* Experience in circular economy projects, with experience in packaging and sustainable ingredient sourcing a bonus.
* Leadership experience, especially across matrix-managed global projects
* Graduate degree in a science, engineering or environmental science is an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
* Skills & Competencies Required
* Proven excellent technical and quantitative skills (data fluent) and an analytical mind – someone who can pinpoint problems and research smart and effective ways to deal with them.
* Strong negotiation and persuasion skills and the ability to think strategically across the organisation.
* Excellent communication, influencing and networking skills with the ability to inspire and motivate people with the ability to build confidence and trust with executive management and external shareholders
- Address Chichester, West Sussex