Industrial Field Service Engineer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Greenshields JCB is the South East of England's premier dealer of JCB Construction and Industrial machinery. Recognised as one of the world's largest JCB dealers, we have an acknowledged wealth of experience across all of our business sectors. We provide full sales, service and parts support from seven strategically placed locations across the South East, offering an unrivalled geographical coverage within the industry.
Purpose/Brief Summary of Role
To provide onsite customer support to our range of industrial machinery/ Access equipment within the region, with a primary focus on keeping the machinery in peak operating condition through scheduled maintenance, repairs and inspections.
– Investigate, diagnose and resolve customer reports of technical problems with equipment
– Service a wide variety of machines both on and off site
– Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and solve problems
– Complete job cards to a high standard promptly and within a given timeframe
– Complete paperwork and timesheets in a timely manner
– Request parts efficiently and effectively
– Good customer service skills
– Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers
– Ensure compliance with relevant procedures when repairing and inspecting equipment
– Ensure work/personal equipment complies with all safety standards
– Present a professional image at all times
– Take responsibility for health and safety of self, colleagues and customers in line with the Company Health and Safety Policy
– All Engineers must ensure that their own tools are safe and legal to use.
– No lifting equipment (including straps, trolley jacks etc) must be supplied by the Engineer, these items are provided by the Company.
– Solid mechanical aptitude
– Forklift Truck Engineering
– Experience in materials handling equipment
– Excellent verbal, written and critical thinking skills
– Proficiency with MS Office
– Interpersonal relationships
– Customer awareness
– Commercial awareness
– A ‘can do’ attitude
– Ability to work without supervision
– Team player
This role is based on 40 hours per week. Annual salary is inclusive of overtime.
Ideal candidate will have previously worked on JCB teletrucks. Access training will be provided if currently not obtained.
We are extremely proud of our Company, our products and reputation within the industry. When recruiting we seek outstanding individuals with the skills and qualities capable of delivering this level of excellence, whilst helping to build careers within our business.
We are committed to achieving long term customer satisfaction by providing high quality products which are backed by an exceptional level of service. This goal will be achieved by all of our staff pursuing excellence in the quality of their work and by establishing close, effective and long lasting partnerships with both our suppliers and all of our customers
- Address Surrey