Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £12.13/hour
Start your career with Avara Foods and join the driving force behind our success and earn a minimum of £485 per week.
As one of the UK's largest food businesses, we are playing a critical role in keeping the nation fed. We are continuing to operate and are looking for motivated people to join our team as a Hygiene Operative based at our Feedmill in Hereford. With ambitious growth plans, we are continually investing in our facilities and our people, with opportunities to develop and build your career with us.
What’s in it for you?
• Hourly pay rate: £12.13
• Paid weekly
• Guaranteed hours and opportunities for overtime
• Employee benefits include a competitive pension and access to lifestyle and wellbeing resources
• A safe dynamic working environment
• Training and development opportunities from day one
Purpose of the role
Cleaning of machinery/silos/feedmill equipment and plant in accordance with customer specifications and task procedures.
Key responsibilities will include:
• To fully understand the importance of safe working practices and procedures related to all areas of their work and be fully aware of
all the required safety equipment needed to perform his/her tasks and how equipment should be used.
• Understanding and attainment of both individual and department targets (if applicable).
• To fully understand and comply with all department and company policies and guidelines.
• Awareness of the usage of material and energy sources.
• Co-operate in the continuous improvement of Avara quality, safety and productivity standards.
• Manual handling of plant and equipment.
• Isolation of plant and machinery.
• To meet housekeeping and hygiene standards individually and as part of a team example cleaning of Silos, Cooler and Pits.
• To carry out instructions as given to you by your Team Leader/Management.
• Driving Fork Lift and CAT.
What we are looking for:
• Good level of English and basic numeracy skills
• The ability to work well within a team and communicate effectively
• Good attention to detail and a flexible attitude to tasks
• Experience within a production/manufacturing environment is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
Working Hours: 08.00 – 16.00 Mon – Fri
A little about us:
Avara Foods supply chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 7000 people.
All our facilities are Covid secure, with protective measures and precautions in place to keep our people safe:
• Daily temperature screening
• Social distancing measures – including floor markers and 2m separation where possible
• Screens and barriers installed at workstations and canteens
• PPE and face coverings required in all shared spaces
• Additional facilities and amenities to reduce congestion
• Increased cleaning regimes across sites
If you’re ready to work in alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
Due to Bird Welfare, it is essential that you do not own any Avian Pets or Poultry.
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer
- Address HR1, Hereford, Herefordshire