Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £43300 – £65000/annum
My client a leading M&E contractor are seeking a HV Commissioner to join their team to work on one of their prestigious projects in the Ireland, they work on projects in Dublin, Kildare. Portlaoise & Waterford. You would need to be fleible to travel.
• Completion of all safety requirements including compiling Risk Assessments and Method Statements and on-site risk assessments.
• Coordinate, plan, and deliver HV installation and commissioning projects
• Supervision and guidance of HV specialist installation team.
• Completion of Primary tests on Instrument transformers, Power Transformers and HV switchgear.
• In-depth knowledge of testing of HV apparatus using Omicron test kits such as Omicron CPC100, Omicron CT analyser etc
• Functional verification of protection schemes.
• Commissioning and functional verification of DC Battery systems including battery discharge testing
• Testing of protection relays using Omicron test equipment and Test Universe Software.
• Configuration of IEDs across a range of vendors such as Siemens, Schneider and ABB.
• Operational switching of HV apparatus.
• Pre-commissioning of ESB Substations.
• Attendance at FATs for HV switchgear, transformers and protection cabinets.
• Early engagement with project team to optimise design and minimise installation defects.
• Assist bid team with technical aspects of tendering.
• Technical evaluation of HV apparatus at submittal stage.
• Technical report writing
• Guide and mentor junior staff in their technical development
Qualifications / Skills
• Time served electrician or Electrical Technical/ Engineer
• Safe pass
• Full clean driving licence
• Familiarity with some or all aspects of HV substations from 10kV to 220kV
• Have in depth knowledge of HV and MV switchgear across multiple vendor platforms
• Computer literate – Microsoft packages etc
• Familiarity with ESBN “Conditions governing connections to the Distribution System”
• Familiarity with ESBN Pre-commissioning standards
• Comfortable with Omicron Primary test equipment used for testing instrument transformers and power transformers
• Familiar with protection relay test techniques and Omicron Test Universe
• Experienced with relay configuration tools such as Siemens Digsi, ABB PCM, Schneider Agile,
• SAP with proven HV switching experience
• GWO trained
• HV cable testing including VLF testing
• SF6 gas handling and testing
To apply for this opportunity please contact Marion Keating on (phone number removed)
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note!You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003