Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Housekeeper – Live In
Salary – highly competitive and ancillary package in line with experience
We are looking to appoint an experienced housekeeper to maintain a beautiful nine-bedroom family home in North Devon. The residence is based on an estate which boasts a rural location set in 250 acres and this position forms part of a highly experienced and friendly estate team.
We are looking for someone who is motivated in their work and who will enjoy keeping the residence in a pristine condition. It is extremely important you are fastidious about keeping a clean and orderly household; have a keen eye for detail and will understand private household etiquette and privacy requirements.
A superb separate and spacious one bedroomed flat is provided, which is within walking distance of the house.
A good team spirit is required, and you must always be willing to work with the team to keep this large home immaculate. Working a 45 hour week, flexibility is a must.
* All housekeeping duties ensuring that the house is kept to a consistently 5* standard;
* Room preparation and presentation;
* Running local errands;
* Checking supplies, running inventories and making sure all supplies are well stocked;
* Looking after the house when the Principles are away;
* House security;
* Ensuring the kitchen is kept clean and tidy;
* Washing, ironing and wardrobe management for the Principles ensuring everything is well organised and tidy;
* Assisting with formal dinner parties and estate events as part of a two-person team;
* Assist with school runs and on occasions looking after and entertaining the children (all of school age), including the occasional evenings;
* General food preparation, table laying and clearing away;
* Looking after the dogs when required.
* Proven housekeeping skills with the ability and dedication to have the house always looking in immaculate condition;
* Experience of working with children and a natural talent for ensuring they are well looked after;
* Exceptionally high standard of cleaning, knowledge of how to care for fine furniture;
* Exceptional ironing and wardrobe management skills;
* Ability to prioritise tasks appropriately;
* Loyal, resilient, calm, discreet and totally dependable;
* Ability to cook healthy, fresh meals with confidence;
* Ability to work at a fast pace, be flexible and provide support to the family and estate team as and when required;
* The working week will consist of 5 consecutive days, working hours will be 9am to 6pm with one hour for lunch. However, there will be occasions you might be asked to stay later if the family are entertaining;
* Flexibility: particularly over weekends;
* Animal friendly;
* Driving licence essential.
This is an amazing role and a fabulous opportunity to help maintain a beautiful home. The family has created a special place to work and live, where everyone on the team works together to maintain the high standards required and where everyone is genuinely appreciated.
This job description is designed to outline the main duties and responsibilities associated with the role and this is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties performed.
Adastra HR Limited is the retained HR Consultancy managing the appointment of this position, we are not a recruitment agency. Adastra HR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and comply with all UK legislation. We are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.
Please refer to the Adastra HR website for our Privacy Statement
- Address Winkleigh, Devon