Hire and Trade Counter Controller
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £22000 – £24000/annum
Platform Resourcing currently looking for an experienced Hire and Trade Counter Controller to join a well-established and fast-growing company based in Cardiff, South Wales.
The ideal candidate will have experience within a similar role, possessing industry knowledge regarding plant machinery. The successful candidate will also have excellent communication and customer service skills in order to undertake negotiations and schedule bookings effectively; the main requirement of this role is to build strong working relationship with all customers ensuring that their requirements are met in a professional and friendly manner.
Strong I.T skills are essential.
* Salary of up to £23,000
* Permanent, stable role
* Pension and other benefits
Duties and Responsibilities
* Organising and arranging the hire of plant machinery
* Arrange on-hires, off-hires and cross-hires
* Providing excellent customer service, taking inbound phone calls from customers regarding bookings and orders
* Creating purchase orders
* Responding to customer queries regarding their orders
* Resolving any customer issues effectively and professionally, liaising with other employees when required to settle these
* Negotiating prices with external suppliers
* Providing customer quotations and entering onto the system
* Ensuring pricing is correct
* Agree delivery and damage charges with customers
* Booking in customer appointments
* Completing all appropriate paperwork in relation to the booking
* Process service and maintenance reports
* Dealing with service and breakdown calls
* Planning logistics and communicating with drivers
* Seeking opportunities to offer plant machinery, which is immediately available for hire, maximising utilisation
* Creating contracts and ensuring all details are accurate and up to date
* Responding to invoice queries
* Ensuring inspection sheets and documentation are completed
* Ensure all orders are fulfilled and meet customer requirements
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call us on (phone number removed) before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency
- Address Cardiff, South Glamorgan