HGV / LGV Technician / Mechanic
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £25000 – £30000/annum £25Kpa – £30Kpa + OT
Dayshift Technician (Car, Van or HGV) needed in York
Franchised main dealer, with market leading basic salaries and OTs
Exceptional working conditions and excellent management
About Our Client
My client is a large main dealer group, one of the biggest in the UK for their specific market.
Accountable to: Service Manager
The candidate will undertake regular maintenance and repair of our customer’s vehicles competently and efficiently in order to maintain good road safety and maximise customer service levels.
Particular areas of responsibility will be to: ‐
– Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicle using appropriate equipment and tools in a safe and economical manner.
– Diagnose and rectify all types of faults.
– Where agreed, to attend disabled vehicles at the roadside or on customer’s premises.
– Ensure all customers and company vehicles are handled with care and all reasonable steps are taken to return the vehicle in a clean and tidy condition on completion of work undertaken.
– Liaise with parts department to attain parts as required, within authority level, and ensure service exchange and warranty parts procedures are adhered to.
– Ensure all aspects of Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to, including the mandatory wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) and machine guarding.
– Ensure that before any work is undertaken an appropriate clocking is made, all job cards and service sheets are completed correctly and signed off before the end of the shift.
– Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness in all areas of the business in order to maintain the company image and a safe working environment.
– Maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of products and to attend training courses as required
Candidates should be able to demonstrate: ‐
1. Ability to work under pressure
2. Ability to actively seek solutions to problems.
3. Good verbal communication skills.
4. Excellent customer care skills.
5. Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks.
6. Technical Qualification or proven experience of repairing and maintaining vehicles
7. Excellent awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
NVQ Level 2 or 3 equivalent in City & Guilds, LGV or HGV Technical qualifications
Qualification considered advantageous:
HGV Licence class 1 or 2
A Minimum of 2 year’s experience in a similar role.
£Competitive hourly rate, Saturdays = overtime at time and a half, 1 x week per month you take the breakdown van home extra £100 that week and £25 every call out…
45 hour week – 7am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday (every other Saturday, is paid as overtime – time and a half)… Over these hours gets paid Double Time.
What you waiting for, please apply
- Address York