Health & Safety Coordinator
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £38000 – £50000/annum + Package
Established main contractor operating in the London and South East New Build and Refurbishment market.
Main Scope of role:
Working with Directors and key Project Personnel to co-ordinate, support and work on all health and safety aspects with regard to a Principle Contractors duties under CDM Regulations. To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with health and safety are adhered to. To promote the Company’s health and safety culture.
• Attendance at Pre-Contract Meetings (where required) or review with Senior Management
• Develop, produce and monitor Construction Phase Plans and Site Layout Plans Including creating site signage, issuing site registers, ID Badges and PPE.
• Arranging External H&S Advisor on site audit visits and monitor on-site performance.
• Develop, produce and monitor Health and Safety Files at Contract completion including liaising with Site Managers/Sub-Contractors for Health and Safety information / Certification / Manuals etc.
• Monitor Sub-Contractors Insurances Database & qualify Approved List Applications
• Arrange Employees Training, monitor Training Database and submit CITB Training Grant claims.
• Collecting and duly recording Accident Records/ Investigations/ documentation and reporting to Insurers / HSE as necessary
• Undertake the Company’s yearly CHAS Assessment
• Chair the six monthly/yearly Company Annual Health and Safety Review Meeting
• Order Personal Protective Equipment & 1st Aid Provision, etc.
• Produce and Issue Staff ID Badges
• Arrange Office PAT Testing/Fire Extinguisher Servicing
• Arrange review and renewal of H&S Policy including monitoring Company compliance
• Considerate Constructors Scheme registration where required
• Producing/updating Site Managers Guide and other Company Health and Safety Guidance when necessary.
• Formulating RAMS/COSHH as necessary
• Promoting safety standards and health and safety updates with Contract Management
• Formulating Residents Information when required (occasional)
Skills and Technical Knowledge Preferred:
NEBOSH qualification/NCRQ equivalent, BSc or MSc in Safety related subject or an IOSH Managing Safely
- Address Greater London