Health And Safety Advisor
Job Type : Part Time, Part Time
Salary : £250 – £300/day
Job Title: Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £250- £300 per day plus expenses (20- 25 days per year)
Aeropeople are currently recruiting for a part time Health and Safety Advisor to join their EASA Part 145 team based at Stansted Airport.
This role will require someone for approximately 20- 25 days per year and whilst predominantly will be Stansted based, it will require occasional travel to our sister site in Cambridge and to our various clients’ sites.
Our Engineering Services division prides itself in providing the very best in Aviation Line Maintenance and Continuing Airworthiness Management (CAMO) Services. Our internationally recognised and multi-type approved Line Maintenance team, with their main base at London Stansted Airport and CAMO team based in Cambridge, both hold EASA and international approvals, which combined make their aviation knowledge and experience unrivalled.
Reporting to the Technical Director of Engineering Services, the following duties are required by the post holder to ensure the necessary compliance within statutory Health and Safety Law.
* Provision of health and safety advice on legislation and company compliance.
* Provide, update and periodically amend a Safety Management System (SMS) as required by proposed EASA Part 145.a.200 and suitable for the Aeropeople Ltd business, in electronic and hardcopy form.
* Provide, update and periodically amend an Aeropeople H&S Handbook Guide, in electronic form, in conjunction with the Compliance Manager.
* Risk assessment arrangements for Aircraft Line Maintenance required by legislation in general and the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 in particular.
* Act as a member of the Joint Safety Committee (JSC) and Chairman of the Basic Safety Committee (BSC) held at Stansted, which meet at three-monthly intervals.
* To be the H&S member of the Engineering Safety Board (ESB) meeting held quarterly at Concorde house.
* Training arrangements for compliance with risk assessment law and awareness of safety management systems, as required by the Aeropeople H&S Manual.
* Fire legislation compliance and fire risk assessments at Stansted or other UK aircraft Line Maintenance stations active.
* Periodic health and safety audit of the aircraft Line Maintenance Outstations and activities, as required to include Legionella and first aid checks.
* Noise hazard assessment using specialist sound level equipment.
* To act as the principal point of contact with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) enforcement authority inspectorate during planned site visits.
* Carry out accident investigations for lost time and RIDDOR incidents, and make recommendations to management to prevent a recurrence at UK Line Maintenance facilities.
* Report major accidents to the HSE as required by RIDDOR legislation.
* Provide an on-call advisory service during Aircraft Line Maintenance Outstation working hours.
* Inspection, appraisal and review of work activities and equipment at Stansted and other designated sites.
* Provide a monthly report on all H&S activities to the MD, Technical Director, Line Maintenance Manager LMM and Compliance Manager.
* Provide H&S statistical returns (presently monthly) to MADG H&S as required by the MD.
* To report for administration to the Compliance Manager and for executive matters to the Managing Director.
* Provide New Starter H + S induction training at UK bases
* Manage a refresher training plan
* Previous experience in a health and safety role in the aerospace sector is essential
* A NEBOSH General Diploma or equivalent
* Experience of formulating, implementing and revising health and safety policies and procedures
* Previous experience of providing advice to managers in line with Health and Safety issues
* Strong IT skills- MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Have first-hand experience of formal risk assessment techniques
- Address Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex